Thread: Engine wont Rev above 2000 after OS change

Potential Tuner

Engine wont Rev above 2000 after OS change

I upgraded my OS to be able to get RTT which I was able to get after the OS upgrade. Engine started fine but the only problem is that it does not rev above 2000 it would act as the fuel was cut off and if I keep my applying the throttle it would just go back and forth.

Both tunes are uploaded for review but an expert

The new tune is the one that has the file name converted
    Attached Files Attached Files

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    There are literally like 300 changes to this file, needle meet haystack.

Just too much going on for me to determine what that 1 cause could be. Good luck in your quest for the unicorn.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    There are literally like 300 changes to this file, needle meet haystack.

Just too much going on for me to determine what that 1 cause could be. Good luck in your quest for the unicorn.

Where do You think I should start at least

Tuning Addict
    Something you might want to check. Your main VE table has some funky spikes right at 2000 rpm's in the lower map regions.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    Could it be that the new OS is a DBW and my old was a cable throttle

or

The transmission type as I have changed to manual as I have a manual transmission but the OS doesn't support it

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by AlGergawi View Post
    Could it be that the new OS is a DBW and my old was a cable throttle

or

The transmission type as I have changed to manual as I have a manual transmission but the OS doesn't support it
    Didn't originally know that.... Tune Repository, find one with manual, Look at all different tables.... Auto's typically won't rev in neutral to redline. May even want to find a vin and have your ecm reflashed with a manual setup.
    Last edited by GHuggins; 10-30-2015 at 07:57 AM.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Didn't originally know that.... Tune Repository, find one with manual, Look at all different tables.... Auto's typically won't rev in neutral to redline. May even want to find a vin and have your ecm reflashed with a manual setup.

Wasn't able to find one as I couldn't find the same OS with a manual transmission

Would a segment swap help in this situation

Tuning Addict
    Would think so or you could have a different Vin programmed in

~Greg Huggins~

Potential Tuner
    check fuel delays

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Would think so or you could have a different Vin programmed in
    Does changing the VIn changes the way the PCM work ???

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Elnano View Post
    check fuel delays
    Where can I find this table

How about you go back to the beginning and tell us all about the vehicle so we don't have to guess. Year, make, model, modifications, throttle type, trans type. Details.....we need details if you want help.
    Then include a log of the startup. Log a bunch of items. MAP, MAF lb/min, MAF HZ, ignition voltage, oil pressure, IAC position, TPS%, STIT, LTIT, RPM, Fuel Pressure, 02 B1S1, B2S1, Injector PW, Air Fuel Commanded Hi Res, Oil Pressure, ECT, Base Running Airflow, Base Sum airflow, Spark advance, cylinder airmass,
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Potential Tuner
    Found the issue and fixed it

The new OS was from a DBW when mine was a cable throttle

Changed the values in the Electronic Throttle section and now every thing works fine

I have another issue now which I will create another post for so that it can help people with the same problem

Thanks guys