Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whipple Elliptical Monoblade (2750cfm) TB Question

street rev.01.hplstreet tune rev.01.hptnew ford.Graphs.xmlford 2.Channels.xml

hi everyone I got the truck to idle and hold idle nicely and wont die in park or drive but now I am facing another problem which is that at cruising throttle keeps opening and closing and surges

So i didnwat was advised above made a throttle angle error log with similar x and y axis for my predicted throttle area and effective throttle angle and the truck still surges like hell even after i multiply the predicted table by %error.......
    I did same also with logging ipc error however it shows numbers as high as 300 this cannot be percentage wat am I doing wrong and if someone can chime in and help me welling to pay

Bump for help

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrah View Post
    So i didnwat was advised above made a throttle angle error log with similar x and y axis for my predicted throttle area and effective throttle angle and the truck still surges like hell even after i multiply the predicted table by %error.......
    I did same also with logging ipc error however it shows numbers as high as 300 this cannot be percentage wat am I doing wrong and if someone can chime in and help me welling to pay
    @jarrah, I typically set the "Cell Hits Required" in the Graph Layout to be a minimum of 4 or 5 and not zero but not sure that makes a difference in logging. I would also change the X axis in the "eff area angle err" graph to be "ETC Effective Throttle Area" not Throttle Angle. Leave the ETC Throttle Angle Error as the parameter and leave ETC Vacuum as well

I did the changes u asked me to do find the log and tune below

raptor tune for f150 rev.0.hpt

working rev0.hpl

raptor tune for f150 working rev.9.hpt
    working rev9.hpl

here is another log after dialing the throttle angle error and effective area i followed the instruction to correct Predicted table however it didn't help when i step on the throttle to accelerate it keep oscillating between wot and cruising throttle the log shows that

Quote Originally Posted by jarrah View Post
    raptor tune for f150 working rev.9.hpt
    working rev9.hpl

here is another log after dialing the throttle angle error and effective area i followed the instruction to correct Predicted table however it didn't help when i step on the throttle to accelerate it keep oscillating between wot and cruising throttle the log shows that
    Sounds like "trailer hitching". It can be a SOB. Which engine did you say this was? If you just need to get it will drive will then reduce WOT start to between 100-150(what magnuson did on my stock blower tune) and adjust the transmission accordingly. I have a 5.0 and these are hard to get smooth because the driver demand tables, cam phasing, timing, adjustments which changes vacuum and screws with the bypass on the blower, at least it did with my magnuson blower. Usually to get everything happy you need to pull timing in the part throttle areas or lock some fo the lower rpm cam phasing together so vacuum doesn't fluctuate so much(which the roush stock tune does on the F150).

this truck has a 6.2 stroker engine in it no cam phasing and 100% from mapped point 0 in cruising and wot

Advanced Tuner
    Does anybody know if or when we will be able to log the channels ETC Vacuum, ETC Throttle angle error, ETC Effective Throttle Area, and IPC Wheel Torque Error for the 05-10 mustangs so we can properly tune throttle bodies? Looks like they were able to do it for your GT500 but everything I've hooked up to I haven't been able to log these channels at all.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildog1325 View Post
    Does anybody know if or when we will be able to log the channels ETC Vacuum, ETC Throttle angle error, ETC Effective Throttle Area, and IPC Wheel Torque Error for the 05-10 mustangs so we can properly tune throttle bodies? Looks like they were able to do it for your GT500 but everything I've hooked up to I haven't been able to log these channels at all.
    Devildog1325, You have to send a request with your OS to [email protected] with this request. I did so awhile back and now have these for my particular 2010 GT500 OS

Potential Tuner

Need help!

Yagermeister, i am trying to tune my gt500 with the bigbore elliptical and jlt 148. Im having a hell of a time. Could you shar your eta, prediction etc tables? Also if you have a maf x table i could compare. Much appreciation. Email is [email protected]

Thanks
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Yagermeister View Post
    @jarrah,

Keep in mind my car is a Spanish Oak processor 2010 GT500 so mileage will vary on what I post here.

MattH showed me how to setup a graph ETC Vacuum (inHg) vs ETC Effective Throttle Area (in2) showing the ETC Angle Error. You then use the output to correct your error. We also setup a graph for ETC TQ Error with ETC Vacuum (inHg) vs ETC Effective Throttle Area (in2). To do this you'll need to datalog ETC Throttle Angle Error, ETC Vacuum, ETC Effective Throttle Area, Throttle Desired Angle, Throttle Angle. Fix your Predicted table first then your Effective table then your wheel torque error if any left. One note is that Eric and MattH ensured I had the PIDs/DMRs needed in my strategy to datalog these items to even accomplish this, thanks guys! A shoutout is needed to @WhippleSuperchargers as well for providing me with some startup Predicted and Effective tables for their throttle body which I did not have at first!

To be able to daily drive a 148mm JLT CAI with a 2750cfm huge Elliptical Throttle Body is crazy talk in many circles but with some help it works perfectly Idle and Part Throttle are perfect even on e85 in the cold mornings

Advanced Tuner

Mono Blade Setting

Quote Originally Posted by Binedriver View Post
    Yagermeister, i am trying to tune my gt500 with the bigbore elliptical and jlt 148. Im having a hell of a time. Could you shar your eta, prediction etc tables? Also if you have a maf x table i could compare. Much appreciation. Email is [email protected]

Thanks
    Dave
    This is what i have for settings on the Mono Blade TB hope it helps (SCT VALUES)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Binedriver View Post

Thanks
    Dave
    PM sent Dave!

PM sent Dave!
    if you have done 2013 GT500 mono blade can PM the data. I have issue with wrench light.

Tuner
    PM sent small tuner

Potential Tuner
    PM sent Dave!
    I have an 07 Gt500 with the elliptical and the 148 MAF, and interested seeing the data. I am using mostly(slightly tweaked) data for the FRP Mono. Car runs ok around town, but sometimes some surging.

Advanced Tuner
    I have installed the Whipple elliptical tb on my GT500, runs & drives really well part throttle & full throttle, down low from idle-2000rpms is kinda jerky when trying to hold a steady speed on level ground.
    Went round & round with last night for hours, tuning torque tables, throttle tables, & dashpot.
    It will go into decel closed throttle at very low speeds & rpms when I'm not decelerating, but trying to hold steady.
    I'm thinking maybe I need the newest beta with the pedal count PID so I can see what's happening.