Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whipple Elliptical Monoblade (2750cfm) TB Question

Tuner

Whipple Elliptical Monoblade TB Question

Car Specs first:

2010 GT500 with right around 850rwhp with 23# boost from a 2.3L TVS and the Whipple Elliptical Monoblade (2750cfm) throttle body. Idle and Part Throttle are near perfect but AFTER a wot pull (currently only 3k-5k rpm) when I let off the gas I get a wrench light probably due to too many wheel torque errors. Whipple told me to add around 34% to the stock Eff Area and Predicted Tables and tweak from there as a starting point for this TB. After a number of tune revisions I have lowered this down to around 32.5%. Keep in mind this is an elliptical TB where the top and bottom of the opening and the blade are curved not flat. As a safety precaution I have Wheel Tq Error Max set to 50,000. I was wondering if anyone could double check if I did the Eff Area, Predicted, Torque, and Torque Inverse tables correctly. Thank you for your time!

EffArea.JPG

Predicted.JPG

Engine Torque.JPG

Torque Inverse.JPG
    Last edited by Yagermeister; 10-30-2015 at 09:16 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Mine runs great and no CEL. I have a 2013 however.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner
    8850, are the 4 tables I posted similar to yours? Are the axis correct on mine?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagermeister View Post
    8850, are the 4 tables I posted similar to yours? Are the axis correct on mine?
    If you will post your file I will try to answer your questions.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    Mine runs great and no CEL. I have a 2013 however.
    I was on my cell and didn't see your attachments. Thx for posting those! Can you post your Predicted table as well?

Tuner
    I just saw on a different post you have the Ford Racing mono IF that is the case then your settings won't really be close to the elliptical mono Whipple TB I have as mine flows around 1000cfm more than the Ford Racing mono. IF that is not the case I'll give your settings a shot! Thank you for trying to help as I really appreciate it!

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagermeister View Post
    I just saw on a different post you have the Ford Racing mono IF that is the case then your settings won't really be close to the elliptical mono Whipple TB I have as mine flows around 1000cfm more than the Ford Racing mono. IF that is not the case I'll give your settings a shot! Thank you for trying to help as I really appreciate it!
    Yes, I have the Ford Racing mono. Sorry I did not know they were different.

Tuner
    Another question I have is if it is normal in the HPT VCM Scanner (2.24 or 2.25 beta) for Throttle Position (SAE) to max at 74% when the Throttle Angle maxes at 82*. Thanks for any help!

Banned
    YOu need to log wheel torque error, post up your logs as well with throttle angle error.

-Matt

Tuner
    MattH, I'll have to check if those 2 PIDs are available in the Scanner for my strategy as I didn't see them when I rescanned it the other day. FBRE7S4

Tuner

Question

Quote Originally Posted by MattH@HPTuners View Post
    YOu need to log wheel torque error, post up your logs as well with throttle angle error.

-Matt
    MattH,

Here are a couple links to a couple WOT logs I just grabbed with only a few PIDs (from LiveLink II since I can't log the two requested ones in VCM yet)

Of course today no wrench light during these pulls for some reason and only a light/partial rpm/mph hang (but not a rise) unlike what I experienced the other day when the wrench light came on with the rpms still rising and mph increasing.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...WOTclipped.csv

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...WOTclipped.csv

Tuner in Training
    Yager, Did you get it fixed? Are you saying the rpm's will take off or climb while sitting there at idle? Then wrench? Do you know what throttle angle it goes to?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin@JPCRacing View Post
    Yager, Did you get it fixed? Are you saying the rpm's will take off or climb while sitting there at idle? Then wrench? Do you know what throttle angle it goes to?
    Sorry for not updating the thread. With the help of MattH and Eric, I was able to datalog the proper items and get this car driving like it is stock! Idle/part throttle/WOT, everything is near perfect now! In terms of the throttle angle, I was just datalogging the wrong PID. I am still working on reducing throttle angle errors even more but was able to go to WannaGoFast and run the car

Can u share wat did u end up doing and logging having similar issue

Tuner
    @jarrah,

Keep in mind my car is a Spanish Oak processor 2010 GT500 so mileage will vary on what I post here.

MattH showed me how to setup a graph ETC Vacuum (inHg) vs ETC Effective Throttle Area (in2) showing the ETC Angle Error. You then use the output to correct your error. We also setup a graph for ETC TQ Error with ETC Vacuum (inHg) vs ETC Effective Throttle Area (in2). To do this you'll need to datalog ETC Throttle Angle Error, ETC Vacuum, ETC Effective Throttle Area, Throttle Desired Angle, Throttle Angle. Fix your Predicted table first then your Effective table then your wheel torque error if any left. One note is that Eric and MattH ensured I had the PIDs/DMRs needed in my strategy to datalog these items to even accomplish this, thanks guys! A shoutout is needed to @WhippleSuperchargers as well for providing me with some startup Predicted and Effective tables for their throttle body which I did not have at first!

To be able to daily drive a 148mm JLT CAI with a 2750cfm huge Elliptical Throttle Body is crazy talk in many circles but with some help it works perfectly Idle and Part Throttle are perfect even on e85 in the cold mornings

thanks for the input do u mind sharing wat whipple provided for u since I have exact same throttle body.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrah View Post
    thanks for the input do u mind sharing wat whipple provided for u since I have exact same throttle body.
    I have sent you a PM asking for more info

rev.0.hpt

please find the file attached the truck came with it has 6.2 stroker cam and 2.9l whipple and 15 psi of boost it making 540whp only which I believe its too low idle is really bad and it keeps opening and closing throttle on cruising BILLET TWIN 71MM BORE ELECTRONIC THROTTLE BODY (1755CFM)
    Last edited by jarrah; 12-16-2015 at 12:34 PM.

So i made the setup for to log the etc error however the table will not populate and if i try to add in the configuration etc effective area i cldnt find however it shows as pid when creating the tables

Tuner
    @jarrah rev.0.hpt is not attached above.

What version of the VCM Scanner are you using? post a pic of your Graph setup and we can see what you did