Thread: 2.9 whipple 13 camaro throttle issue

Tuner in Training

2.9 whipple 13 camaro throttle issue

A freind of mine took his 2.9 whipple ls3 car to the track last night. It has methonal injection, full exh, on 9-10lbs of boost, ect. The car made 730whp the way it sits right now and has been high 11's @129 with previous owner driving. the car was built out of state and he purchased the car the way it sits now. when he made his first pass after the shift the car fell on its face each time (2nd, 3rd, and 4th). I pulled the tune and seen that two methods of traction control were still on so i turned those off and tried again. same thing. tried turning fast torque exit off and same thing. He took the car on the return road and it doesn't do it. Basically when the car hooks up really hard the throttle stays at 40 percent for .5 seconds after he shifts before it goes to 84%. If he stabs it and it spins he shifts and it acts just like it should. I will post the tune and the log in a couple hours. Thought maybe this was a common problem that was overlooked.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jmyers09; 10-22-2015 at 10:54 AM. Reason: to attach tune and log

Tuning Addict
    Just a thought, but all of your max torques are still stock or there abouts...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    Found your post a little hard to follow but I think I have the same problem as you, no matter how much trac stuff you disable it still cuts the throttle like stability control was kicking in not trac, the only way I could stop it was to disconnect the abs module but you have to do it when the car is running other wise it won't start. I still have not found a fix and it seems no one else has the same problem.

Advanced Tuner
    O and I looked at your log is that rpm right 7200rpm that's big revs