Thread: KR under load and high rpms turbo silverado

Potential Tuner

KR under load and high rpms turbo silverado

I am having some issues with my tune recently. Under wide open throttle I am seeing some KR and my truck starts to jump and hesitate a little, I have a log to show. Also while cruising down the highway at low rpm, high load building a little boost it starts to jump and buck as well. I have a log that shows that too. I did not do any of the tuning on this and bringing it back to the shop that did the work is not an option. I am somewhat of a newb at tuning so please bare with me.

Setup is a 2003 Silverado 1500 6.0/4l80e swap. 9.5:1 comp. BW s366, circle d 3200, converter running about 10 psi but want to bump it up to about 14-15. 2 bar speed density tune.

One more thing, is anyone using an EGT gauge? My engine builder insists that 1350 degrees is max with the probe placed 2 inches after the manifold preturbo. I am seeing 900 at idle, 1200 at 45-70mph cruise no boost, and easily over 1500 at WOT if I get into it. What are truly good numbers?

Log 8 is wide open log
    Log 10 is cruising log

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

i have a boosted Vmax, and asked a lot of diesel guys about the EGT, and pretty much all of them said i'd never come close to having to worry on a gasser. But maybe I need to put a probe in there to check it out.
    When I get home from work i'll check out your tunes and logs and am willing to help ya out.
    Custom '85 Crew Cab Short Bed Lq4 swap
    '06 Turbo Vortec Maxx
    '87 Military K3500 LQ4 swap
    '96 K1500 lq4 swap, Howard Cam (216/224 @ .050, .551/.551, 114), Centerforce Dual Friction