Thread: New here and looking for some info on the 3v 4.6

Tuner in Training

Question New here and looking for some info on the 3v 4.6

Hi I purchased my hp tuners VCM Suite Pro a few days ago. Now that i have it i have been trying to tune my 4.6 3v swap motor. A little info on the swap, it is an 06 mustang GT computer. It is running a return style fuel system. The wire harness in a Ron Francis pre loomed wire harness for a manual transition 4.6 3v swap. It has a JLT 110 mm intake and a different set of exhaust manifolds. Everything else is stock. Every thing is currently in the vehicle and all wired up. Now my questions are about the set up for the return style fuel system and the PATS system. I have played with the PATS disable switches under the systems tab trying different combinations but i am not getting anywhere with it. Is there something else that i have to be shutting off to get rid of the PATS? And what do i have to do to set the computer up for a return style fuel system? If there is a forum on either one of these topics explaining the basics on how it works? and what I would have to do to get it to work? I'm still new to the soft ware. Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Anybody?

Tuner in Training
    So i double cheaked last night. I can get spark on certin combanations. But i never get any fuel injector pulse. Any clues as to why? Is i because of the return fuel system?

Tuner in Training
    Bump

Tuner in Training
    I just did a return style system in an 06 GT. Worked out great. All i did in the tune was turn off DTCs for fuel pressure rail sensor and fuel pump driver module. Fires up no issues.

Im will to bet the PATS is still active somehow keeping it from firing the injectors or you have a wiring issue some where.
    Ive never dealt with any 3v swap yet. Im not entirely what all is entailed to get them to run.

Tuner in Training
    Post up your current tune

Tuner in Training
    Thanks a lot for getting back to me. That sounds a lot easier than i thought it would be. I'm not sure what is up with the injectors not firing anymore. I'm new to tuning. I have changed very little in the tune so far. Just PATS and the MAF function. The harness is all brand new. I'm not saying that it is perfect anything can happen. Here is the tunes the one that i modified and the stock.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    bump

Tuner in Training

Bad Computer?

So i did some testing again and found that i have no spark or fuel pulse. Both fuel and spark have power. I played around with the PATS switches again. When they are both set to disable. I can get the fuel injector to flash once right away when i start cranking the motor over. And no spark at anytime (also checking with a noid light). I checked the crank sensor and cranking in puts out .8 v AC. The wires are good to the computer plug. And on the VCM scanner i can read the RPM signal while cranking its somewhere around 400 RPM. So i think i am down to a bad computer. There are no codes but it doesn't run at all to set any either. Unless there is something else that i did in the tune that can cause this. I had attempted to make a harness and i wonder in making that harness i hooked up power wrong and caused it to burn up. The harness in it now was build by Ron Francis. Any ideas? is there anyway that i can test to computer to make sure if it is bad? Is there somewhere i can send it? Can my local Ford dealer test it? I have 2 credits for HP tuners on this computer already. So i don't want to throw 2 more at another computer and have the same problem.

Banned
    What codes is the PCM showing now?

Tuner in Training
    p0685 PCM power relay control circut open
    p0690 PCM pwer relay sense circuit high
    p1000 OBD sustems readiness test not compleat

These are the codes that it shows. I did some looking for the codes and ran across this forum this guy had the exact same problem that i am having. but it never said what he did to fix it.

http://www.modularfords.com/threads/...ht=Ron+Francis

Tuner in Training
    Bump

I have the same code with the Ron Francis kit but replace the pcm did nt fix the issues .

Anyone have an idea , Even Ron Francis can't help me on this .

When I crank I have

RPM 190
    Maf voltage .191v
    Fuel pressure 48
    Airflow #/min .900
    Maf count 36
    TP count moving by the pcm when cranking .

Tested another PCM CDC3 without succces .