Thread: Idle goes stoich to rich, lean spike, low kpa?

Tuner in Training

Idle goes stoich to rich, lean spike, low kpa?

Posting a 2nd thread

My current iteration of my tune has still lingering problems.
    I can only get the idle to lean up to about 13 ish with VE no matter how low I go, but it shouldnt need that much adjustment... It likes to start off lean or stoich and work its way down to quite rich (12s) over the course of 5 to 10 minutes idling which baffles me. Somehow still thinking injector data issues but the data is correct as far as I can tell. How does one fine tune offsets or SPA? What in the hell else could be causing this problem?

I feel like my o2's oscillate weird and why is my MAP near 40 ish kpa at idle when most people see 55 ish?
    I had the car street tuned for my stock 5.3 with spray before and it ran great. I used that file, added injector data, pulled some timing, disabled maf and dtcs, disabled LTFT and STFT as well as closed loop enable. Also tweaked PE EQ and Boost Enrich and upped idle speed. VE is same as before besides guestimating above 1 bar.

Mods:
    Stock 5.3 besides cam. Ls1 intake and throttle body, speed density
    Tick Perf 5.3 Stage 2 cam - 219/223 | .61x"/.58x" | LSA114+3
    SD 80lb Injectors
    Adjustable FPR set at 58 psi without vacuum line on
    Turbonetics TC78, A2A IC
    2 bar MAP

Will update with a log and config in a bit

Base Tune - 2 Bar - 80lb Injectors - VE Tuning File.hpt
    Last edited by Burntz; 10-20-2015 at 07:51 PM.

Tuner in Training

Tuner in Training
    no-one? nada?

Senior Tuner
    Looks to me like you never enter closed loop fueling.
    Either deliberately disabled, or held off by some fault
    code, I'd guess.

Tuner in Training
    correct. Im trying to completely stay out of closed loop so that I can accurately tune it as close as possible open loop. Then I will re-enable it for smooth cruising and such. I know some people run 100% open loop tunes (mostly drag cars) just fine.

Im just hoping someone has had the same issues as me or someone can maybe point me in the right direction as to why my idle AFR will slowly drag down to being rich over time (doesnt seem to correlate to temperature).