Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A580 on dyno

Potential Tuner
    thanks WS6HUMMER
    I am facing this issue when on street not on dyno, I tried all the suggestions in this thread with no joy, the jeep keep auto upshifting through all gears while on autostick mode which I would like to stay on the limiter until I physically upshift the stick

Sorry about that, that's what I get for multitasking lol.
    99 T/A WS6, original LS1 turbo

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    You can initiate "Dyno Mode" with HP Tuners as well. Just change the "Displacement" value in the "General" tab to "0."
    I had tried this and while on the dyno, we were unable to manually shift, we were stuck in 1st. Thoughts? I suspect there is more that needs to happen than just changing displacement to Zero ("0")
    Ended up throwing HP to the side and using the Diablo but Id like to know how to do this in HP Tuners.

Vehicle:
    2009 Jeep SRT 6.1/A580
    Last edited by lsguy; 10-11-2017 at 12:56 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lsguy View Post
    I had tried this and while on the dyno, we were unable to manually shift, we were stuck in 1st. Thoughts? I suspect there is more that needs to happen than just changing displacement to Zero ("0")
    Ended up throwing HP to the side and using the Diablo but Id like to know how to do this in HP Tuners.

Vehicle:
    2009 Jeep SRT 6.1/A580
    They have ESP disable/enable controls in the Scanner Special Functions now.

The displacement method only works for one of the displacement values. It?s possible you used the wrong one or both. The description will tell you witch one. Just use the Scanner now.
    Jaime

Tuner in Training
    They have ESP disable/enable controls in the Scanner Special Functions now.

The displacement method only works for one of the displacement values. It?s possible you used the wrong one or both. The description will tell you witch one. Just use the Scanner now.
    I had changed General >> Displacement to zero (see image). It initially looked like this works as the ABS, Tractioncontrol, CEL, Brake etc... lit up the cluster.
    This was on a 2WD dyno.
    The issue was not the ESP but rather the autostick manually would not respond. We were stuck rolling in first. It would not move to 2nd, let alone 4 for us to make a pull.
    Good to know this can be quickly done in the scanner.. but i suspect Id run into the same issue with the autostick.

This.png

Are we confident that changing this to Zero is enough? What else is missing so that we can manually go from 1st to 4th to do a WOT pull?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lsguy View Post
    I had changed General >> Displacement to zero (see image). It initially looked like this works as the ABS, Tractioncontrol, CEL, Brake etc... lit up the cluster.
    This was on a 2WD dyno.
    The issue was not the ESP but rather the autostick manually would not respond. We were stuck rolling in first. It would not move to 2nd, let alone 4 for us to make a pull.
    Good to know this can be quickly done in the scanner.. but i suspect Id run into the same issue with the autostick.

This.png

Are we confident that changing this to Zero is enough? What else is missing so that we can manually go from 1st to 4th to do a WOT pull?
    I've not noticed Autostick issues using the Scanner ESP Disable. On several vehicles.
    Jaime

Tuner in Training
    I've not noticed Autostick issues using the Scanner ESP Disable. On several vehicles.
    Ill have to give it a try next dyno session. To confirm, have you tried this with the front drive shaft removed?