Thread: Dead Pedal After Changing Max Torque

Dead Pedal After Changing Max Torque

Working on a 2006 gen 3 truck today wrote a tune today using the copy difference method and had a reduce power type pedal with no dtc. Wrote stock tune and regained pedal function. So copied and pasted each table from the compare tune and flash tune and dead pedal again. After the process of elimination I was able to conclude that it was the max torque that was causing it. Every time I increased the value I noticed that when I saved the file and reopened it then it would repopulate changes into Traction control tables. Making be think something must have been changing in some hidden table? I have changed max torque value many times and have never had a dead pedal before. It would do this with 2.24 and 2.25. Of course I used the stock value and all is good now but for future tunes sake I would like to know what is causing this. Has this ever happened to anyone?
    Thanks
    Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

No idea on the cause.

On my 06 truck I never touched the tables below the max torque, trans input max and so on I never touched and didn't have any issues.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Only done it when changing max torque and thinking back it appeared to be reducing power as if it where in a traction control event. And changing max torque would automatically change some of the other traction control parameters. Must be something little different in the strategy in the OS.

This truck don't like changing anything in the Engine Torque Management tab changed the max torque vs rpm while tcc is locked up and got the dead pedal again....