Thread: I'm stumped: LNF Throttle hang issue

Advanced Tuner

I'm stumped: LNF Throttle hang issue

Okay, I am tuning a buddies car and we come to a stop light and the throttle begins to hang at 2500 rpm, but once we hit 0 mph, it goes back to normal. TB was cleaned earlier this year, so I dont THINK its that. It was doing it almost every stop, but not all and it repeatedly stopped when we hit 0 mph. I am racking my brain to see if there was something going on in the tune, but I dont recall any tables that would be based on vehicle speed. Are there?

Next, the car has always had something funky up with the intake cam, phaser, solenoid, and cam pos sensor have all been changed, but it doesnt seem to respond quite right, could this add to the throttle hang issue?

I'm really stumped, I think it's something mechanical, but I am drawing a blank aside from the issue with the TB or the cam.

Tune and log are attached.
    Log: jason fall 2015 1.12.hpl
    Tune: Jason 93 Fall 2015 3.11.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Try turning DFCO back on

Engine - Torque Management - Tq Mgt Inj Disable

Far right column all 15's if you want to keep DFCO. I run the stock table...
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan

Advanced Tuner
    Never had that problem with having DFCO off on any other tune tho...

Tuner
    when i had something similar happen (although mine only stuck at about 1200rpm or so) it was because my optimum spark table was cranked up in that operating region.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboCobalt View Post
    when i had something similar happen (although mine only stuck at about 1200rpm or so) it was because my optimum spark table was cranked up in that operating region.
    I have this set at only a 20 degree difference from the Main Spark table. I have encountered that issue before. I suppose I could give it a shot to back it down and see what happens.

Senior Tuner
    mal, or opti torque tables. back down the os tables a smidge.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Advanced Tuner
    Okay, will do. I have never had issues with similarly tuned tables, so I didn't think that would need changed. Of course, all cars respond differently. I will give it a shot for sure.