Thread: Help unsupported parameters in main table display

Potential Tuner

Help unsupported parameters in main table display

As the title states I'm looking for some pointers for adding parameters to my main display table. I'm trying add commanded AFR and MAF frequency in Hz so I can log them in histograms. Both of these parameters change to say unsupported when connected to the car.

Also no VCM controls work when connected to car. Cannot reset LTFT and still have -6 LTFT showing up while in open loop(O2 sensor unplugged).

Have not done any logs or changed anything from stock yet trying to set up all histograms and tables first.

2004 Pontiac Grand Am 3.4
    12584933.os
    P04 pcm
    VCM Suite 2.24.1170

Different vehicles support different parameters.

Your vehicle may not support what you are trying to add.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the quick reply. My understanding of how to tune these cars with VE from reading all the post is to plot afr error % using my wideband. There is a pre-installed with the program user defined pid of afr error which works so its getting commanded afr [SENS.121] from somewhere for that function.

Advanced Tuner
    Seems kinda strange that commanded AFR and MAF Hz wouldn't been supported as those are pretty basic parameters... You might want to have the scanner re-poll the computer while connected to the car just to be sure Connect to car, click the "Connect" button in HPTuners and then go to Help->VCM Suite Info and click on the little "i" icon. At least I think thats how to make it re-poll...

Potential Tuner
    I have attempted to make it repoll twice by deleting the os file from the scanner folder where it was saved then restarting the program and reconnecting to the car. I will give your method a try next.

Senior Tuner
    When adding parameters, it's best to do while connected to the vehicle so only supported parameters are shown. Delete any unsupported parameters, right click in an empty cell, open the parameter menu, then find what you need. This should help avoid any unsupported pids.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jnettles View Post
    As the title states I'm looking for some pointers for adding parameters to my main display table. I'm trying add commanded AFR and MAF frequency in Hz so I can log them in histograms. Both of these parameters change to say unsupported when connected to the car.

Also no VCM controls work when connected to car. Cannot reset LTFT and still have -6 LTFT showing up while in open loop(O2 sensor unplugged).

Have not done any logs or changed anything from stock yet trying to set up all histograms and tables first.

2004 Pontiac Grand Am 3.4
    12584933.os
    P04 pcm
    VCM Suite 2.24.1170
    you have the same exact car and osid as me