Thread: Dynojet 248

Dynojet 248

I am looking into investing in my first chassis dyno and in need of some input. My budget is geared towards a used dyno and the one I have located is a dynojet 248 (Big Red) it is a above ground setup with 4 post lift and catwalk. I will be adding on to my shop to accumulate it so I wanting to do it right the first time. Looking for opinions for above ground vs in ground etc. Is the 248 too out dated to invest in? Basically looking for opinions on the best chassis dyno and setup for the money.

Thanks
    Mike

Nothing wrong with a 248, the air proportional braking is nice for hitting all high load cells. the most important thing is the tuner and how well he knows his equipment and tuning knowledge and the cars you specialize in. What i would look for is bearing damage and roller knurling being too worn out. if the knurling is gone, high powered cars are not gonna hook up at all and that dyno is beat up.
    99' SS LSR 388 twin ETR billet 76s, glide, etc
    06' C6 Z06 885rwhp/796rwtq [email protected] E85 940/840
    07' TBSS Turbocharged 6 psi 525/505
    16' C7Z A8 Stock blower slow street car 815 RWHP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Newtech View Post
    Nothing wrong with a 248, the air proportional braking is nice for hitting all high load cells. the most important thing is the tuner and how well he knows his equipment and tuning knowledge and the cars you specialize in. What i would look for is bearing damage and roller knurling being too worn out. if the knurling is gone, high powered cars are not gonna hook up at all and that dyno is beat up.
    I haven't looked at it yet trying to do my homework on it before I do. The current owner has done some work to it and its all certified by Dynojet. New mother board, new pc, two new monitor's, new start/stop switch, and some new wiring, new O/2 sensor. I will follow up with the bearing and roller knurling. So is it possible to achieve a good load with the air proportional brake?
    Thanks
    Mike

first of all I will be honest their wideband LSU 4.0 sensor just plain sucks. Used another wide band all together, I actually use 3 diff ones and tie them in to my Aux input Box and my EIO inputs I freaking love my wideband setup so much. I can monitor bank to bank this way as well and farther down at tail pipe or pre cat or post cat, lots of possibilities here.
    99' SS LSR 388 twin ETR billet 76s, glide, etc
    06' C6 Z06 885rwhp/796rwtq [email protected] E85 940/840
    07' TBSS Turbocharged 6 psi 525/505
    16' C7Z A8 Stock blower slow street car 815 RWHP

I would look at the dynocom. For the money it is really hard to beat. Provides a frenesla eddy brake. The 5000 will do 5000 ft lbs, 175 mph and 1250 hp

It's low profile and easy ramps make it great for smaller locations and it is movable. Open the bay when not in use, you wont have to modify your building either.

I would check it out, I have used one in the past and are very reliable and repeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by jpliss View Post
    I would look at the dynocom. For the money it is really hard to beat. Provides a frenesla eddy brake. The 5000 will do 5000 ft lbs, 175 mph and 1250 hp

It's low profile and easy ramps make it great for smaller locations and it is movable. Open the bay when not in use, you wont have to modify your building either.

I would check it out, I have used one in the past and are very reliable and repeatable.
    That one is nice going to research it more thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jpliss View Post

Do you know if the one you used had the Ignition Wire Inductive Tach pickup Lead. I going to need to be able to log carbureted circle track cars that don't have obd2.

Potential Tuner
    I have a mobile 248 and I have no problems with it. I just want to get an awd now lol

sorry just saw your question.

I believe it does.

I ordered a new Dynocom picking it up January 29. Sooo ready for it. Dynocom's new software suppose to interface with HP Tuners we'll see how that works out hopefully I won't get the "In two weeks" message lol...
    Mike

I ordered a Axlehub dynamometer. its more comfortable, no wheelspin, quiet, need not much place and is without any problems upgradable to a 4 weel dyno! hope my choosing was right!
    Henry