Thread: E38 VVE table - AFR not responding to changes

Tuner in Training

E38 VVE table - AFR not responding to changes

I am trying to tune up my VVE table and am having no response to AFR error Histo in open loop after changing the table (even by factors of 20%).

Have the MAF disabled via DTC P103 and the MIL light is on. STFC and LTFC are both off (see HPT file). I can see in scanning that no changes are made by STFC or LTFC so that should indicate Open Loop.

Using Wideband AEM and the actual AFR is always rich compared to command. I've adjusted by the % AFR error in log file. And even made an excel table I massaged manually from the log.

I did the convert to --> coeficients and saved before flashing. This is using 2.25.2522. I also see in the change / history logs that the SD tables are modified.

I am attaching the log and HPT file with an original VVE table.

Any advice appreciated.

VE - AFR Error 11oct15.hpl2013 1LE Camaro Modified Changes to VE.hpt

how long are you driving it to check and test your afr? Please someone with experience does this f body suffer from severe rich running like a 2010 for the first 15 minutes after a flash? if it does make sure to run it longer to make sure it straightens out before comdemning it.

Tuner in Training
    I am only running it about 5 or 10 minutes in the driveway after reaching full warm up. It runs so poorly I didn't figure it was gonna clean up enough to do any good. I'll give it some more time and see what happens.

try copying the updated SD tables and pasting them into a 2.24 tune file.
    then flash using 2.24 to see if you get the same results.
    2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV, 6.2L L86, 6L80e - AFM disabled

Advanced Tuner
    Rich after flash.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglegoat View Post
    Rich after flash.

This. After flash, the pcm gets whacky and you have to give it time to come back to normal. Going WOT speeds this up.

Agreed.

Also.. there's usually 2 tables for non DOD operation, something about manifold open/closed. I was never clear on which was actually used, so I just make sure to apply whatever changes to both of the tables so that it's a non issue

I would recommend doing the same if you aren't already

Post the original file and the "latest" and greatest one.
    Last edited by schpenxel; 10-18-2015 at 04:54 PM.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Agreed.

Also.. there's usually 2 tables for non DOD operation, something about manifold open/closed. I was never clear on which was actually used, so I just make sure to apply whatever changes to both of the tables so that it's a non issue

I would recommend doing the same if you aren't already

Post the original file and the "latest" and greatest one.
    Files attached. I drove for 1/2 hr today and still the same results. 14.67 Command AFR and low actual (around 10.6 to 12 or so). I put a custom Livernois tune back in from the handheld and it worked fine - just not able to tune the custom tune of course...

I see that those "switches" are for variable length intake runners. Which this definitely does not have that. I have only been using Manifold Switch Closed up to this point. There is no switch on this manifold so possibly I should be using Manifold Switch Open???

2013 1LE Camaro Modified Changes to VE.hpt2013 1LE Camaro Stock.hpt

Yeah, the "open" table is still the same as stock on the tune you posted

Make whatever changes you want to both the open and closed tables, create coefficients on each one and give that a shot.

I'm not honestly sure which one it uses.. but one of them is stock, and the whole problem is it's behaving like you aren't making changes.. so that would make a whole lot of sense

Keep in mind the whole rich after flash, blah blah blah, give it 10-15 mins of driving before you make any judgements.
    Last edited by schpenxel; 10-18-2015 at 09:46 PM.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Been monitoring this thread since it showed up. I was having the same problem till i actually started changing the right set of values. Thanks fellas

Jesse

Tuner in Training
    I copied the VVE closed table to the open table and was able to see an immediate change. The AFR is responding now to my changes. I did see better response in 10 minutes or so, but saw improvement almost immediately too.

Thank you schpenxel!

Woohoo!

No problem.

Awesome. I spent the last few nights, wasting time, gas and making the ugliest VE table ever seen, while getting nowhere.
    I was not paying any attention to the switch setting and only modifying the closed table.
    Thanks for thread and info.

BTW, bluecat pastes the values into all of the tables. I never had to pay attention before starting to use the beta.
    2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV, 6.2L L86, 6L80e - AFM disabled