Thread: Cable no longer Licensed after tuned by other shop???

Tuner

Cable no longer Licensed after tuned by other shop???

My 00' Camaro is licensed to my cable and I have used it may times to adjust various parameters.
    VIN in PCM "was" the VIN from my other Camaro and I never changed it to match the body it was now in since I swapped the complete harness and PCM during a M6 to A4 swap. Wanted a A4 vin not a M6 vin to prevent potential issues.
    Shop updated the VIN in the PCM to match the body during the dyno tune with their software (HP TUNERS)
    Now, when I read the program out it says I am NOT licensed to this vehicle??????

Is this as simple a fix as having them put the other VIN back in the PCM that was listed when I tuned and licensed it to my cable?
    I thought the cable linked to the PCM and didn't look at the VIN??

thank you for the help!
    Brad

I may be wrong here but at a guess if they wrote a tune to the car with HP Tuners, you never had that tune on your HP Tuners/Cable so now that that file is "new" in a way you are no longer "licensed" to the vehicle.

So because that tune is new, you have to re-license it to do anything with it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

It isn't the tune (generally speaking). It is the VIN.

When you licensed the vehicle and spent credits, it set it up such that you could do work with that specific VIN. Since you had the tuner change the VIN the unlocked license that you have for your car is no longer valid.

The cheap fix is to have your tuner switch the VIN back for you and see if there any actual issues caused by the auto/manual discrepancy. Alternatively you can relicense the vehicle using the modified VIN.
    Kenne Bell Supercharged 2003 Corvette Z06

Tuner
    Tuner said they will put the old VIN back in the PCM. VIN that was in the PCM was a auto trans VIN, VIN of car is for a manual trans. Right now the VIN in the PCM will say the car is a manual when it is now an auto and has an auto vehicle harness. Since both cars are 2000, there should be no issues putting the VIN back that was originally in that PCM when I tuned it with my cable. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    thanks

Its probably not going to work as it has a different VCM ID with the new file. Last time I check it was a key criteria in the licensing process with HP.

Never changed a VIN so I can't offer any help there.
    If they will change it back for you, that may be the simplest.
    If it doesn't work after that, you could copy all tables to the last known tune you flashed (by using compare log), then write entire from your updated tune.
    I'd try everything (moral, ethical and legal) to save those credits ($100).
    2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV, 6.2L L86, 6L80e - AFM disabled

Advanced Tuner
    why didn't you just let them use your laptop to tune it?

Tuner in Training
    open your tune and their tune and copy over the differences to your original then save it as after tune and write it back to car.
    assuming they did not change operating system. the vin should make no difference on wether it is or is not auto or harness.
    Last edited by whistler777; 10-29-2015 at 01:08 AM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    if the VIN is different I believe you will need to license it, i assume they overwritten a file they already had and write entire to your pcm
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161