Thread: high octane table

high octane table

what does it mean ? if your commanded timing is not what its logs .example high octane w.o.t commands 15 but logs 13 to 13.5
    learning

Tuner in Training
    Is that what your low octane table commands? I was wondering why I was advancing timing in my high octane table but my log wasn't reflecting the changes. So I copied my high to my low again. If it was in fact using my low octane table, I do not know why. So hopefully I learn something in this post as well.

may be some the professional will chime in
    learning

Quote Originally Posted by tww$ View Post
    what does it mean ? if your commanded timing is not what its logs .example high octane w.o.t commands 15 but logs 13 to 13.5
    The only way we can give you a more accurate answer we would need you to post your log when the event is occurring and post your tune.

But to take a rough guess, there are other spark modifiers than can affect spark advance such as knock retard, IAT and ECT spark advance correction, tq management and a few others.
    POWERZONE- AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING SOLUTIONS
    STREET TUNING/DYNO TUNING/TRACK TUNING/REMOTE TUNING/EMAIL TUNING
    [email protected]

check it out

tune and log ,question to disable torque management all have to do is change 640ftlb right.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tww$; 10-11-2015 at 10:53 PM.
    learning

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Per your request:
    High Octane Table = An ignition table where higher ignition can be commanded due to "High Quality Fuels" for most people this is 91 or 93 octane.
    Low Octane Table = An ignition table where lower ignition than the high table is commanded due to the use or detection of "Low Quality Fuels" this is always in the worst case a map made for 87 Octane fuels.
    If your Commanded Output is 18* and you are only getting 13* Actual Output then you must have an ignition modifier active that has been triggered (as Powerzone stated).
    When the tank has been filled completely the ecu starts operation on the high octane table. If the ecu notices "X" amount of knock under "Y" frequency then the ecu will switch to the lower ignition table because the values commanded in the factory are a lower value that has a better chance at preventing the knock from occurring. To get the ecu to run the high octane table again you have to fill the tank up. This is how the ecu knows that there is a new fuel source in the tank that can be tested again by trying the high table.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman