Thread: Timing being pulled and random lean spot

Timing being pulled and random lean spot

2008 G8 GT, 2009 ECM, LSA blower, ID1300 injectors, BTR Cam, and supporting mods. No matter what I set timing to, I keep seeing .5* of timing being removed even when no knock is being reported. Also I keep getting a random lean spot during the pull in the lower RPM section. No matter what I set the timing too I seem to be getting the same timing being pulled and the same "knock" in certain areas. Let me know if I missed something. Thanks in advance.10062015 OS 2 Bar.hpt10072015 Timing.hpl

Tuner
    My Camaro was doing the same thing and I found it to be the A/C compressor torque management settings. It would randomly pull timing and stumble and I beat my head against a wall trying to figure it out.
    Add a box in your scanner for spark torque management. It'll tell you what is causing the change.
    Are your hi and lo octane tables as well as the idle tables below them set the same? If not, try that while tuning to avoid chasing a moving target. Also, several others have talked about zero'ing out the burst knock tables, the VE prediction coefficients and other spark related torque management. I set mine to throttle only for some of the management settings, but it's still a tricky PIA finding these sometimes..
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Nate007 View Post
    My Camaro was doing the same thing and I found it to be the A/C compressor torque management settings. It would randomly pull timing and stumble and I beat my head against a wall trying to figure it out.
    Add a box in your scanner for spark torque management. It'll tell you what is causing the change.
    Are your hi and lo octane tables as well as the idle tables below them set the same? If not, try that while tuning to avoid chasing a moving target. Also, several others have talked about zero'ing out the burst knock tables, the VE prediction coefficients and other spark related torque management. I set mine to throttle only for some of the management settings, but it's still a tricky PIA finding these sometimes..
    Good luck
    Not seeing "spark torque management" as a parameter to log.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    ^repoll the scanner
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161