Thread: Weird AFR readings

Tuner in Training

Weird AFR readings

Ok so this is my first post. I'm trying to open loop SD tune my LS1 GTO. It's a 6 speed with OTRCAI, Kooks longtubes, catless mid pipes and Borla exhaust. This is my problem, or at least it definitely seems like one to me. When trying to datalog my AFR error to adjust my VE table, I am getting some very strange results. Bringing the car up to 4000rpms, I am noticing on my actual AEM wideband gauge that the car is running very lean, up to 17.0 AFR. Yet on my datalogs it is showing that I am running very rich, as low as 10.0 AFR. This is causing my AFR error to run as low as -33%, when it should be a very positive number (as far as I understand). Can anyone point me to my problem? I am completely stumped. If I need to supply any more information or do a different datalog to help, please let me know. I have been trying to get a good VE table for a few days now. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cookmeup272; 10-07-2015 at 01:27 PM.

U need to config the wb with the right amount of voltage offset.

Tuner in Training
    I did already, before my first log

U need to config voltage not jist highlight aem wb. Make sure ur settings is 0-5v. On my uego I changed the settings on gauge itself.

Tuner in Training
    I'm assuming you haven't looked at my files. I have already configured the wideband in my scanner. My formula for voltage offset is Volts/0.5 + 9.75. Or am I missing something?
    Last edited by cookmeup272; 10-07-2015 at 01:28 PM.

No I haven't looked at the file yet. I chimed becuz I had the same problem with aem uego. Once I get back to my laptop I will look at the voltage config

Tuner in Training
    Ok thank you. So some new info. I unplugged the sensor from the gauge. It reads 14.8. I adjusted my formula in Hptuners to Volts/0.5 + 9.95. This makes the reading in Hptuners to match the 14.8. As soon as I plug the sensor back into the gauge, the reading in Hptuners is off by roughly 0.2 AFR. This may be completely unrelated but I figured I would share.

Keep messing with the voltage till u get it right. U might have to go all the way to .00? Thousandth to get it right.

Tuner in Training
    Idk what happened but my "opposite" afr logging problem seemed to disappear on my last data log.

Advanced Tuner
    What does the wideband read without the engine running after sitting overnight?