Thread: 2015+ F-150 & Mustang Speedo Correction How To?

2015+ F-150 & Mustang Speedo Correction How To?

Is there a process written down or or a specific How To on the forum for the BCM calibration for 2017 F-150? I found the "HOWTO: Ford Speedo Correction" thread but it specifically says it does not apply to 2015+ F-150s and Mustangs.

I attempted the speedo calibration through the scanner using the 3.7 Beta after being advised it was updated for the 2017s. I turned the power on, engine off, AC off & radio off. Did the adjustment and got Ford's orange wrench of death. Did the same process back to the original value but the orange wrench remained. Tried engine off and on, no change. Ended up up getting the truck reflashed by the dealership.

I would like to but have not attempted another speedo recalibration yet. Needless to say I'm a little hesitant to try again. I just want to make 100% sure of everything and the correct process before attempting to try it again. The truck has the stock tune in it. I have not purchased credits to unlock and tune the truck as I only intend to adjust the speedo.

2017 Ford F-150 FX4 3.5 Ecoboost w/ the 10 speed speed transmission

Also, Is there a way to clear the orange light in HPTuners (is it capable or is it being developed?) if it happens again?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve

2007 GMC Canyon Z71-4x4 | 3.7 I5-Auto | 4" Skyjacker suspension lift | 3" Performance Accessories body lift | 33x11.5x17 tires (going 35x12.5x17) | 3.73 gears | 57 K&N | BPi VS | AMS EaAU 6081 | SSK MAF Adapter | NGK AFX w/ NTK WBO2 | AMSoil fluids

You can use forscan to modify a line in the BCM to change gear ratios. There is also a line to update tire size as well. The link below will help.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61773

Tuner in Training
    Forscan does not work on 17's without a wrench light. VCM Scanner can supposedly make the change to the 17 using the special functions and not using any credits. The option is there, but is not currently working for me. I posted about it on another thread and put in a support ticket, but nothing back on it yet.