Thread: logging fuel pressure ( using factory gm oil sender )

Potential Tuner

logging fuel pressure ( using factory gm oil sender )

Im just wondering if anyone has used factory oil pressure sender on there fuel rail to log fuel pressure by just plugging in oil sender wire in and logging oil pressure pid (fuel pressure) and if anyone know the volt offset of the factory sender i think it would be sweet to use a two way switch and be able to switch from oil pressure to fuel pressure and not only log it but be able to see it in stock gauge cluster

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Im just wondering if anyone has used factory oil pressure sender on there fuel rail to log fuel pressure by just plugging in oil sender wire in and logging oil pressure pid (fuel pressure) and if anyone know the volt offset of the factory sender i think it would be sweet to use a two way switch and be able to switch from oil pressure to fuel pressure and not only log it but be able to see it in stock gauge cluster
    I've heard of a few people that used a factory GM oil pressure sensor sending unit connected to the supply line (or FPR) then feeding the signal into the I/O of the interface to log fuel pressure. Interesting idea to just switch back and forth. I guess that would be nice for those without a Pro version.

Oh and technically you wouldn't have to know the offset/curve for the voltage since it is pre-programmed into the oil pressure PID if you choose to use the factory oil pressure feed to switch between. You would only need to know the voltage profile if you use it for a separate I/O. This would be pretty easy to do with a mechanical gauge and interface (or multimeter).
    Last edited by LaTechGTO; 10-13-2015 at 06:13 AM.

The information from GM on the oil pressure sensor.
    (Pressure (psig) = [32*Sensor Voltage]-16)

-Greg
    2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6 - 586hp
    Engine Mods: TVS 2300 Magnacharger ARH 1 7/8" long tubes with catted x-pipe
    Drivetrain Mods: Ram Dual Disc Clutch
    Suspension Mods: Pedders/Wretched basic drag pack - BMR trailing arms
    Misc Mods: Jamesbiz Catch can - GRRRR8 Heater hose relo kit

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by radrace19 View Post
    The information from GM on the oil pressure sensor.
    (Pressure (psig) = [32*Sensor Voltage]-16)

-Greg
    Good to know! Thanks!