Thread: Torque converter

Potential Tuner

Torque converter

I have a 2000 pontiac grand prix 3800 turbo with the 4t65ehd trans and was tuned at a local shop but they said there was an issue with my tc and tcc going into lockup on and off automatically like it is suppose to. I had my trans guy and my engine guy look at it and manually do it with there scanner and showing it was working right is there a setting in HP tuners to fix this lockup issue?

Yes. Try flashing your stock tune and see if that corrects your problem.

Potential Tuner
    So flash it so its back to stock? I really have no idea here sorry totally new to this.

Do you have your stock tune? Or post the tune you have in it now and we can look at it and try to see what is wrong.

Potential Tuner
    No I dont have my stock tune and i dont have a copy of my current tune i am going to try to get one though

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    Untill you're able to do that you should at least get a technician to hook up a scan tool of some type to your car for plain basic diagnostic troubleshooting. You may even have to drive for a while allowing everything to fully warm up. Mabey this way you can get a head start on things a little sooner. Look for anything obviously wrong and pay special attention to Current Missfire as well as Missfire History. Those V6 group GM cars like to withold ability to fully lock up the convertor if a count threshold is exceeded, most likely will happen with other vehicle groups as well. Good Luck!
    Last edited by Dr. Nopps; 10-10-2015 at 08:48 PM.