Thread: How do I get the application key? Bought from a vendor.

Potential Tuner

How do I get the application key? Bought from a vendor.

Well, I'm not off to a good start. I just drove 4 hours to get my old windows laptop (i'm a mac user now), vcm suite and car to be tuned, all in one place. Time to get started right?
    Well It's been over an hour and all the real progress I've made is opening the VCM suite box. To create an account, I need the application key.

I've been searching all over for how to get my application key, there is a post from 2007 stating If buying from a vendor one needs to request the key code from HPTuners and they will email it. Really? I think I just blew my weekend if this is the case. Frustrated.

Mark

Mine came with a app key but many people have just had to email support and they normally get back to you within a reasonable time frame and even on weekends sometimes.

Just let them know everything you know so they can help you quickly.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks 5FDP. I will email them pronto.

I've looked through my box thoroughly and nothing seems to have a key code. The instructions state to activate the software, copy and paste the key from the email address specified when ordering. Since I did not order from HPTuners I have to assume they wouldn't have my email address. If I had known about this I could have done this a week ago. I have read all the FAQ's and there was no mention of this and there were multiple distressed posts about this very same process when I searched. Maybe someone can update the FAQ's with this info to spare future purchasers this pain.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by noother View Post
    Well, I'm not off to a good start. I just drove 4 hours to get my old windows laptop (i'm a mac user now), vcm suite and car to be tuned, all in one place. Time to get started right?
    Well It's been over an hour and all the real progress I've made is opening the VCM suite box. To create an account, I need the application key.

I've been searching all over for how to get my application key, there is a post from 2007 stating If buying from a vendor one needs to request the key code from HPTuners and they will email it. Really? I think I just blew my weekend if this is the case. Frustrated.

Mark
    E-mails sent and waiting on response...

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Ed! I think I'm in business now. Whew!

I am having a similar issue. My problem is that I've had hptuners since 2007, and not used it in a few years. When I go to open hptuners it asks me for an application key. I have no idea where to find this information. I found the serial number on the interface and tried to login on the homepage (so I could locate the application key) but it says "invalid login". Can someone please help?

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    E-mail support