Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZFR 7163 Full build motor everything new up 8* KR 42lb/min HELP

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    we dont control the cams or any other feature by dividing them between the four cam profile options. we make them all the same.
    short answer...doesnt matter

int and exh duty cycle is the activation in % of ontime being sent to the camshaft solenoids.

you make all 4 ignition tables the same and correct them all at the same time to exactly the same changes. anything other than this method causes wandering ignition events.

dont monitor the factory egt sensor....the engine doesnt have an egt sensor which means the value is calculated and is highly inaccurate.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    I just realized you wrote back I am sorry I am new to this site it will take me a while to get used to this lol.
    I did end up doing a lot of reading and trying things out at low rpms and low load.
    All my ignition tables are set the same and I have been playing a bit with the DAL table.
    I have all cylinders EGT monitored at all times with 2 dual SPA EGT temp gauges
    My Optimum tables are smooth now I do see on occasion up to 3* KR (if I am not respectful to the fact that this motor is not tuned right).
    I am trying to figure out how things work
    I will post the stuff I have done all ready maybe tomorrow or Monday its on the other lap top.

thank you for the info

Tuner in Training
    Also I have been adjusting the STFT all week going back and forth from work I have been doing progress there as well

Tuner in Training
    OK this is how far I have gone so far.
    Less KR.
    If gradually accelerate no KR if I floor it there is up to 3.
    I do not go to far on RPMs till things start running smooth.
    I do have an issue at 1800 to 2300rpm and 30% load it misfires constantly I don't know what to do with it. Everything is new there has to be something wrong with calibration at that point.
    It happens on all gears and only at that spot I don't think U can see it at this scan but I'll make an other one.
    Also I have the stage 2 cams.
    Let me know if you see anything wrong at intake and exhaust warm tables.

One more, who do you think would be the best guy to get this car tuned properly?

Thanks for keeping an eye out for me I do try my best to understand this ECU and how it works but at the same time I would prefer some one with more experience than me to have it working right.

Cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I also turned on the tip in limiting I think is to drop power when downshifting. I do see KR when the rpm is dropping and also when changing gears some times. I'll see how that works