Thread: No Audio After First Use

Potential Tuner

No Audio After First Use

I have noticed a problem recently on my Windows 7 computer when using RaceRender 3.1.8 or 3.2.2. After upgrading or a clean install (uninstall / reinstall), I can open a GoPro video (processed with GoPro Studio HD1080 output) and do data overlays with no problems and the preview and output files have audio. If I close RaceRender and reopen it (without reinstalling/upgrading), then RaceRender does not recognize the audio in the same GoPro files. Any suggestions to correct this?

Temporary workaround is to uninstall and reinstall every time I want to do an overlay.

That's a new one... Being that you are on Windows 7, there's a higher chance that it needs to rely on QuickTime to do some of the decoding, at least for the audio portion, so that may be a factor here.

What would be most helpful is if you can repeat your steps to get it to work with sound again, open the file and verify that it has sound, then close and restart RaceRender, open the same file again (at which point you would observe the lack of sound problem), and then immediately go to Help -> Show Diagnostic Log and copy/paste that text into an e-mail to me at Info@RaceRender.com . I'm expecting that could tell me if it's using one set of decoders when it works, and then for some reason can't use them again when you notice the lack of audio. And if so, it may yield some clues as to why.

Or, if something different is really happening here and you do not already have Apple's QuickTime 7 Player installed, then installing it may yield better results for you.