Thread: maf calibration

Tuner in Training

maf calibration

What's the most surefire way to dial it in. I read the other thread but there are so many answers. I know the copperhead pcm is special but I've dialed in an old 06 gto using a wideband and used that as the correction factor. Same for an 02 lightning. Both done in open loop. I've compared the tune from a tuner that I pulled from my pcm to a stock file and the maf calibration was the same. I would like to get it down to within a +/-2%

You can use STFT with the LTFT switch set to disabled and MAF Temp. Compensation Table zeroed out. You can also use LTFT, or LTFT and STFT with nothing disabled in the tune.

Tuner in Training
    What parameters need to be setup in the graph? Also which maf table am I actually adjusting. I know there are 2

Quote Originally Posted by cashbum View Post
    What parameters need to be setup in the graph? Also which maf table am I actually adjusting. I know there are 2
    You want to be logging STFT Bank 1 and STFT Bank 2, LTFT Bank 1 and LTFT Bank 2 so you can see how far off your fueling is. The key is to create a table in the scanner to see your fueling error(STFT, or LTFT and STFT) in relation to the MAF Airflow vs Period Table. You could also log anything else that pertains to tuning in general, the usual suspects, AFR, Timing, Pedal Position, Coolant Temp, etc.

I'm assuming you have a Coyote, you are going to be adjusting the MAF Airflow vs. Period Table, these MAF's are digital.

If the weather isn't too crazy tomorrow I am actually going to tune the MAF on my car, so I should be able to give you more specifics then. Up until this point I have just been reading and trying to gather as much info as possible, tomorrow will be the moment of truth lol. After that I hope I will be able to tell you how to setup the table and everything, all provided what I have setup now works out.
    Last edited by AKDMB; 10-03-2015 at 01:44 AM.