Thread: Questions about centri supercharger tuning

Question Questions about centri supercharger tuning

I have experience tuning NA motors but not much tuning FI. The last car I tuned from scratch with FI was an LT1 with an FMU.

1. Is pulling 1-2* of timing out per lb of boost still the rule of thumb? Should I just scale the main spark advance table by the same number except for the idle areas?
    2. Should my target AFR be in the 11.5-11.8 range? The car has headers with cats.
    3. Should the car need idle adjustments?
    4. Should I tune MAF-only or try use Bluecat's stuff for virtual VE as well? I haven't done VVE tuning yet.

I'm going to a 2bar MAP sensor, so I'll be upgrading the OS and also tweaking whatever I need to there. I hope I can search this forum for info on that. Any words of wisdom or links would also be appreciated.

This is for a C6 Z06 with ~6lbs of boost on stock shortblock with ID850s.

I can't answer the question on timing removed per psi. Timing in the 12-14* range at peak power isn't totally out of the ordinary IMO on centri setups. You don't need to take much (if anything) out in the regular driving and idle areas. Centri blowers don't do a ton until you get into higher RPM's/airflows

I would go a little richer than that. Closer to 11. Is it using methanol injection or no?

Shouldn't need idle adjustments if stock cam. I moved my idle up a few RPM's but that was just personal preference

Neither. Email HP Tuners support and get access to the latest beta software. It has built in virtual VE tuning that works better and is easier to use than bluecat's tool. In the beta it basically will give you a regular'ish VE table, you change what you want, hit calculate coefficients and it updates everything for you. If you go this route, you'll want to continue to use the "regular" 2.24 scanner. 2.25 doesn't support external sensors, etc. yet.

What year is the car? What type of MAF? Old LS2 style or newer card style?
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

I'm not planning on using methanol until when/if I change the blower pulley. I'm concerned with going too rich and destroying my cats. I'd like to keep cats if I can get away with it.

With regard to idle, I thought the extra work needed to spin the compressor might make transient idle conditions temperamental. I'll start with leaving it alone.

I have access to the 2.25 already and I've looked through it a bit. I'm not real crazy about using beta software but I will if it's the best available.

The car is a 2010 with a card-style MAF.

2.25 beta editor is quite stable, many of us have been using it for months. The new scanner is not very useful yet though, so just use 2.24 scanner.

I have one question for you to ponder about richer=destroying the cats.

Why does cat over temp protection ADD fuel, if more fuel will hurt the cats?

I'm still running cats on mine.. are you running stock cats or aftermarket?

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

In reading through the beta thread, there were regressions and subsequently fixes. I'm glad the the fixes have been implemented but the feature wasn't even code-complete (features were still in dev). That sounds much more like alpha to me. Especially since there were a number of regressions or basic features not working. That being said.. if it's the best we have, it's the best we have.

For my startup file, I plan to start with injector characterization and disabling of dynamic airflow. If I stay under 3,500 RPMs, should I pull timing out? If so, how much? Should I go ahead and set peak timing in the mid teens and blend it back down to the non-boosted regions following the factory trend?

Thanks!

Editor works quite well now. Scanner.. eh, still needs some work but it's getting there. I use 2.24 scanner and 2.25 editor. Works well.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock