Thread: AC Type Fitted

Question AC Type Fitted

Can anyone explain this field? I can't really figure out what to set mine to. The AC is currently working, fans are coming on when commanded, but my system is freezing up on me and I'm not sure why.

The options are:
    Serial
    Serial Cycling (my current setting)
    Analog
    Analog Cycling
    Passive
    Not Fitted

I haven't seen any discussions on this and really would like to know what each option is and how it should be interpreted.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    *Jeff*
    2002 4dr 2wd Blazer, 06 L33, LS6 cam, built trans, etc.. SOLD
    2008 Tahoe Hybrid 2wd, 6.0L LFA (stock dd)
    1964 Chevelle Malibu 4 door, 2003 LQ4, 06 GTO T56 swap -> https://www.chevelles.com/threads/19...-build.955866/

I'd be interested in more description on this as well. If anyone can elaborate on each option?

Advanced Tuner
    I dont know much about the options to choose from. but If everything is working proper but its freezing up I would check pressures over ambient temp. a low freon condition Will cause freezing. Also rapid cycling is common for low low side pressures. Put a set of guages on it before you change your tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleblu View Post
    I dont know much about the options to choose from. but If everything is working proper but its freezing up I would check pressures over ambient temp. a low freon condition Will cause freezing. Also rapid cycling is common for low low side pressures. Put a set of guages on it before you change your tune.
    Thanks, mine isn't freezing up - that was the OP over a year ago. Hopefully he is sorted out now.

I am interested in what algorithms each option is calling in the computer. I have an idea of serial vs. analog for commanding the AC, but don't fully understand the "cycling" and "passive" options.

Advanced Tuner
    Ha maybe I should make sure I'm awake before I start posting in the mornings. Good question by the way.

Bumping this to the top - hoping someone can shed some light on the different AC algorithms. Thanks