Thread: 3800 Top Swap, maxing out LQ4 Maf?

Tuner

3800 Top Swap shutting off/stalling top of 1st gear

It feels like the MAF is maxing out at the very top of 1st gear. As you can see I have no KR, and I also am locked in at 11.5:1 AFR

It's doing the usual shut the engine down, then it slowly comes back up to idle like a maxed out MAF behaves.

I brought the max HZ to 20K and shut off the p0103 High fail, but that had no effect. Do these pcms also look at max grams/sec? Can we even adjust that limit?

Here's the scan.lesabrecut.hpl

Setup: GenV, 3.5 pulley, l36 block, headers, 1.9 RR, Ported heads and LIM, 3" exhaust
    Last edited by Dusty05; 09-28-2015 at 12:26 PM. Reason: more info

No way it should be maxing with those mods, thats not enough air flow yet.

But did you bring over a MAF table from a LQ4 motor into your tune?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Yeah I'm using the LQ4 table, the a/f is pretty close. I see in the scan I am hitting 32.92 lb/min

On my old 2000 GTP, the stock maf table could support 32-33lb just fine, thats only 10,150ish HZ which is well before the max of 11,500.

I've never dealt with a top swap like this, I'm used to the MAP sensor being there aswell.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Just wondering, did u remap ur VE tables?

Tuner
    ok I looked. I have not remapped the VE, would that cause this to go into that shutdown mode?

Tuner
    Do you guys think my l36 map might be hitting 1 bar and causing some sort of safety shut down?

Tuner
    You're correct, my maf isn't going to Max HZ, highest I can pull is a 10,600. I took the l36 map out of the equation and that didn't change anything. Not sure where to go from here...

Tuner
    Is there any other safe mode that can shut down like this?

Tuner
    To small of a air filter or dirty filter can do it. For the hell of it try taking the air filter off and see what happens. Never know.

Tuner
    I'll give it a shot tonight. I have a 4" CAI to a very large filter, but not sure what condition the filter is (its hiding inside the Lesabre bumper)

Tuner
    Other then that if the fuel pump is not able to supply enough fuel it the motor it well shut down like u explain above. At high rpm. With that one youll need a fuel Gauge for that one.

Good luck
    Be patient
    You well get there.

Tuner
    Thanks, that was my original thought, but a few guys said they have turbo setups with their l36 pumps...unless the Lesabres got weak pumps from the factory lol

Tuner
    Did a running fuel pressure check. The pressure doesn't drop at all when the car stalls at the top of first gear. Have the 3800s ever had a problem over pumping the lifters? I have 1.9 rockers and intense pushrods on here