Thread: O2 Sensor on Crack?

O2 Sensor on Crack?

I was doing my morning scan on the way to work as it is getting colder outside and as I was waiting for the light to turn green I see my front o2 sensor going a little crazy. Is this normal? I mean I know that it fluctuates to correct the AFR but this bad? I have a Denso sensor in there now that I installed maybe a year ago, but I do have a new Bosch sensor just sitting at home. I might install the Bosch this weekend and see if I get a different response.

O2 Sensor.JPG
    Last edited by SleepinRegal; 09-30-2015 at 11:00 AM.
    01' Regal LS - ZZP SSM90 Swap, N* w/ LQ4, ZZP Fenderwell Intake, ZZP SS Intercooler, Bosch 42.5#, Speed Daddy Headers, Some Underdrive Pulleys, Walbro Pump w/ Racetronix rewire, Triple Edge Performance HD 3.25 tranny.

You know the saying, "Once the mod bug bites, it never goes away". I can finally agree with that now

Did it go back to "normal" after a little bit??

I wouldnt be too worried if it did.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I guess the 02 values weren't all over the place at idle once the car was at operating temp. As you can see below, the fluctuations aren't as rough, but once I accelerate things go back to normal. So I guess it's not too big of a deal.

O2 Values 2.JPG
    01' Regal LS - ZZP SSM90 Swap, N* w/ LQ4, ZZP Fenderwell Intake, ZZP SS Intercooler, Bosch 42.5#, Speed Daddy Headers, Some Underdrive Pulleys, Walbro Pump w/ Racetronix rewire, Triple Edge Performance HD 3.25 tranny.

You know the saying, "Once the mod bug bites, it never goes away". I can finally agree with that now

On the topic of O2 sensors, I think I might have a different problem at hand here... Mvolts are pretty lean at WOT. Luckily there is no KR.

O2 Mvolts.JPG KR.JPG

I am noticing that my injector duty cycle drops at WOT. Even though it looks like I was shifting gears during the drop but my TPS was still at 100% which makes me guess that the injector duty also uses rpm's as a factor, but I am not really sure.

Inj Duty 1.jpg Inj Duty 2.jpg

Last night I checked my fuel pressure at the rail and I'm at 45 psi at idle, but once I turn the key off, the fuel pressure immediately drops to 0. I'm going to buy a 4' extension hose for the fuel pressure sensor after work today to see what my numbers will be during different driving conditions.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: hpl 1.hpl (253.2 KB, 7 views)

The duty cycle follows the rpms, it won't stay the same all the way through the rpm range.

Going by o2 mv is crap shoot anyway too, your wideband is the key here. My old car always read between .900 and .925ish even though I ran 10.5 to 11 afr all the time.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

With my lead foot syndrome, I thought I was bound to pop a piston soon. I'm surprised that this regal has lasted this far (has 115k on the OD, had it since 20k). Thanks for the relief
    Last edited by SleepinRegal; 10-02-2015 at 11:15 AM.