Thread: pcm pin assignment

Tuner in Training

pcm pin assignment

Hello all Im sorry if this is a repost in another post but search didn't come up with it. I would like to know how do you assign what ever pin you want to do what you want? For example pin 33 is used for high speed on the e fans but how do you assign the job for a pin on the pcm? Thanks for the help.

What is the application/PCM type?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by caesar View Post
    What is the application/PCM type?

DUH..... sorry... I have a 12200411 pcm and I am installing a 5.3 and diy harness into a non ls motor vehicle. I was wondering how does one assign pins to do things

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BBCCARGUY View Post
    DUH..... sorry... I have a 12200411 pcm and I am installing a 5.3 and diy harness into a non ls motor vehicle. I was wondering how does one assign pins to do things
    the ecu is pre wired with each terminal being assigned a specific function. the factory ecu's do not have the capability of changing the function of an input or output to another pin location. If you need that flexibility you should get a universal standalone from any of the big name dealers (haltech, motec, megasquirt pro unit, etc..)

all you can do here is find the factory sensor and driver pin layouts and wire them in the same way. if you need the pinout assignments i believe these are what you are looking for:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

He's probably pulled the wiring diagrams from LT1swap.com. They mention you can hook up e-fans in place of pin 33 which is usually used for the HVAC door. (5.3 swap guy that did his own harness here)

If I'm right and you're asking how to turn the efan function on, go to System, Fans, then set Fan Type to "2 fans". Once you dump the tune to your ecm it'll be active.

When pin 33 enables it sets the pin to ground, so if you're using a regular 30 amp accessory relay, pin 86 goes to battery, pin 85 goes to pin 33.
    *Jeff*
    2002 4dr 2wd Blazer, 06 L33, LS6 cam, built trans, etc.. SOLD
    2008 Tahoe Hybrid 2wd, 6.0L LFA (stock dd)
    1964 Chevelle Malibu 4 door, 2003 LQ4, 06 GTO T56 swap -> https://www.chevelles.com/threads/19...-build.955866/

Tuner in Training
    Cobalt... thanks for the info and Hotwire is correct I was just making sure that I didn't have to reassign or do changing for each pin..... and am I Right to assume that most if not all pins that have assignments are ground controlling instead of power?.... Thanks again guys.

Pretty much. Post up what pins you're assuming to be sure.
    *Jeff*
    2002 4dr 2wd Blazer, 06 L33, LS6 cam, built trans, etc.. SOLD
    2008 Tahoe Hybrid 2wd, 6.0L LFA (stock dd)
    1964 Chevelle Malibu 4 door, 2003 LQ4, 06 GTO T56 swap -> https://www.chevelles.com/threads/19...-build.955866/