Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shift Rpms for Autostick?

Senior Tuner

Shift Rpms for Autostick?

I only see output shift speeds for WOT, but there should be separate shift rpms for Autostick mode. Looks like a few folks have reported no changes to shift rpms when in Autostick mode and having made changes to the WOT shift rpms.

The ability definitely exists, my current TCM shifts at 6200 in Drive and 6500 in Autostick.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    I only see output shift speeds for WOT, but there should be separate shift rpms for Autostick mode. Looks like a few folks have reported no changes to shift rpms when in Autostick mode and having made changes to the WOT shift rpms.

The ability definitely exists, my current TCM shifts at 6200 in Drive and 6500 in Autostick.
    egs52 and egs53(2008 - 10) shift point can raise in normal and autostick mode , but egs53 2011+ not working ??

where the problem here ??

Senior Tuner
    where do you see adjustments for autostick mode? All I see is WOT, one set of output shaft shift rpms.

Tuner in Training
    Its true, i raised the rpm output for wot normal and i noticed miner different but the issue here when i switch to autostick it will not hold at the rev limit as it was before and it will shift to the second gear without command. Autostick tables should be added otherwise its worthless to me.

We really appreciate HPTuners for their hard work but requesting them to add the mentioned mod if any.

(2014 3.6 Jeep Wrangler EGS53).
    Last edited by DXB_Tuner; 09-29-2015 at 06:22 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Looks like a few folks have reported no changes to shift rpms when in Autostick mode and having made changes to the WOT shift rpms.

I am currently experiencing a similar issue. Actually WOT shift RPM changes do not seem to be working in any mode (normal, sport or autostick) on the 2014 I am currently testing on. I will be notifying support and including stock and modified TCM files for reference.

Senior Tuner
    I think the full manual shift mode versus autoshift while in Autostick is held outside the TCM much like the gear ratio. I say this since Diablo handhelds have the ability to change this setting, much the same way the gear ratios can be. Somehow the rewrite is resetting this feature to be autoshift. I have a egs52 that from the factory is full manual mode, just gotta find the time to swap it in and read it, then do a compare to my egs53 and see what's different. Just been buried at work ugh.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I am currently experiencing a similar issue. Actually WOT shift RPM changes do not seem to be working in any mode (normal, sport or autostick) on the 2014 I am currently testing on. I will be notifying support and including stock and modified TCM files for reference.
    This is a real issue across several ID's that I have read. The issue is the tables mapped are not the tables in use for this application, hence my line of questioning in the other thread.
    Hope this helps
    AJ

Please e-mail all files in question to support.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    I did not make save info-logs of the reads, I would be happy to in the morning though if it helps!
    Thanks
    AJ

Advanced Tuner
    All requested info logs, debug.dat and tune files have been submitted to support.

I believe what AJ is indicating is all or at least part of the issue. I have several other vehicle TCM reads if that would help in resolving this issue.

Thanks HPTuners for getting this process going and if there's anything we can do to help work out the kinks let me know.

No info logs needed, just the combo ecm/tcm tune files.

Advanced Tuner
    No info logs needed, just the combo ecm/tcm tune files.
    I received and email from support requesting info logs and debug file after I sent ecm/tune files in a previous email.

Advanced Tuner
    All requested info logs, debug.dat and tune files have been submitted to support.

I believe what AJ is indicating is all or at least part of the issue. I have several other vehicle TCM reads if that would help in resolving this issue.

Thanks HPTuners for getting this process going and if there's anything we can do to help work out the kinks let me know.
    Are there any updates on these issues yet? I am still not able to adjust shift points or rev limit. All files requested by support were supplied.

Advanced Tuner
    Are there any updates on these issues yet? I am still not able to adjust shift points or rev limit. All files requested by support were supplied.
    Just received an update from Chris. Thanks and I will try the new parameters!

Advanced Tuner
    Just received an update from Chris. Thanks and I will try the new parameters!
    Yeehuh!! The fix did the trick! Thank you Chris and HPTuners!

This little V6 with a Sprintex supercharger is loving the 6800rpm shift points!

Tuner in Training
    Yeehuh!! The fix did the trick! Thank you Chris and HPTuners!

This little V6 with a Sprintex supercharger is loving the 6800rpm shift points!
    Does the new update have new parameters? Because i downloaded the latest VCM Editor 2.25.2509 Beta and no changes are there!

I've only added OS ID 05150891AE last night, Mark is working on the rest today.

There are 10 new TCM RPM Limit tables, for Engine Coolant Temp and Engine Oil Temp limits.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post

There are 10 new TCM RPM Limit tables, for Engine Coolant Temp and Engine Oil Temp limits.

Chris...
    Sorry I didn't notice the mentioned tables. I'll give it a shot today and find out if they will increase my rpm limit.

Thank you Chris and HPTuners Team.
    Last edited by DXB_Tuner; 10-06-2015 at 04:43 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post

Chris...
    Chris is my hero!

Important Note - When I first wrote the TCM file created with the updated OS I was prompted to change the firmware. This only took about 20 seconds. I then had to hit "write" again. When I started the car I had about a dozen DTC’s. They all were prefixed with a “U”. I am assuming this was caused by the new values that I was able to change for the RPM limits? I cleared the codes and they never came back.. I was worried there for a minute! J
    Last edited by [email protected]; 10-06-2015 at 07:11 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm taking this in baby steps but now that the shifting is where I want it I am working on firming up the shifts. Oh my! My neck hurts now I may need to soften my changes up some.
    This is way too cool! Thanks again HPTuners!