Thread: 2015 mustang optimum power

Tuner in Training

2015 mustang optimum power

Im having a problem with my 2015 mustang. I want to play with the VCT tables but it wont go into optimum power. It stays in mapped point 22-23. Does anyone know how to get it into OP?
    ill post the file when i get home.
    Thanks in advance

Mike

Advanced Tuner
    You will need to enable it in the mapped points configuration and also adjust when the car enables OP mode based on throttle position and load.

Tuner in Training
    Already set it to 1 but no luck

Advanced Tuner
    Did you set the parameters for entering OP? %Load and Pedal Position are the 2 that I recall without being in front of it. 15's might have more than 11-14 for this I havent really looked.

Advanced Tuner
    I previously mentioned this. The % load and pedal position tables are not setup in the 2015 stock calibration. They must be dialed in for the vehicle to hit OP mode. However, there is nothing that will tell you once your in OP mode other than your VCT read out, at least nothing else I have seen.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kris5597 View Post
    I previously mentioned this. The % load and pedal position tables are not setup in the 2015 stock calibration. They must be dialed in for the vehicle to hit OP mode. However, there is nothing that will tell you once your in OP mode other than your VCT read out, at least nothing else I have seen.
    I saw that you did mention it. When i read your reply i sorta skimmed it and my brain missed that you had it at the end of your post upon first read. I was willing to bet that the OP did the same lol.

I have this and i can get into OP mode. Please remember to enable OP mode in Snap to Point.
    Also it's needed to fill tables in speed density, i copied from this mapped point i seen on WOT (23).
    Last edited by caniggia; 12-11-2015 at 01:10 PM.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by caniggia View Post
    I have this and i can get into OP mode. Please remember to enable OP mode in Snap to Point.
    Also it's needed to fill tables in speed density, i copied from this mapped point i seen on WOT (23).
    What is Snap to Point? Good find on the enabling OP mode tables through Speed density. Makes perfect sense, just didn't cross my mind.

Kris

Snap to Point is table in vct, just bellow mapped used table.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Going to tune a '15 with a procharger for a guy that's had some drivability issues with previous tuners today. Your posts have been really helpful, just wanted to thank you for your time and advice. Snap to Point wasn't even something that had crossed my mind.

Shouldn't torque tables and spark tables be copied over to OP also? This is what I've done with good results and also when toying around with "cam tunes".
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

What timing you want in op, is up to you...
    www.hd-customs.pl

of course. I usually copy all matching MP's as my start point. Before torque calcs or spark tuning.
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

One new info. I did log just before geve car to customer. And guess what, it wat not getting OP mode, day before it was. No flash in meantime.
    I had no time to investigate it.
    www.hd-customs.pl

One new info. I did log just before geve car to customer. And guess what, it wat not getting OP mode, day before it was. No flash in meantime.
    I had no time to investigate it.

I am having this problem also, I cannot get Automatic cars into OP and Manual cars do although not always consistently.

There is no need to force car into OP mode, just use table it shows for timing. Or you have problem to go cams in OP mode, 2 different things.
    www.hd-customs.pl

There is no need to force car into OP mode, just use table it shows for timing. Or you have problem to go cams in OP mode, 2 different things.
    That is what I was going to do but my cam timing array isn't ideally configured to achieve this, I will have to move some things around so as to get smooth progression through the array. Shame as OP works every time NA for me. I'd be interested to see if it's due to the SD calculation error.

Are you tuning stock cams or they are aftermarket?
    www.hd-customs.pl

Are you tuning stock cams or they are aftermarket?
    Stock Cams Boosted car PD Blower. I find I the cams will not go into advance even if I fix the values into the array and don't use OP mode, whats more I have found if I free rev an auto car in Neutral it goes into OP, makes me feel there even more its transmission related, some torque limiter we can't see?