Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can someone take a look?

Advanced Tuner

Can someone take a look?

Can someone take a look at this tune and tell me if the PE mult vs rpm and the HO spark table is too aggressive? Any other comments would be appreciated. My car is an 05 A4, with Spintech cat back and relocated IAT.

Edit: tried twice to upload bin file and says there is a problem.
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

Advanced Tuner

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.

Advanced Tuner
    Anyone? Bueller?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    if thats your actual a/f ratio thats fine...i wouldnt run as much timing though as you are currently...27 at peak tq i think is a bit too much.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I would set your PE delay rpm to 0 and the PE enable rpm to 0.
    Also, you could change the enrichment rate to 2 from 1
    Are you using a wide band 02? If so, set the PE multiplier to
    1.13 (13.0 AFR) and adjust the maf tables for an actual 13.0 AFR.
    Are you seeing any knock retard at WOT with that timing?

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    How do you know where peak torque is? How do you know what afr is the best?

I don't have a wideband hooked up yet. I have the LC-1.

Why would you set the enrichment rate from 1 to 2? What does that do?

Can you run more timing if you fatten it up? Which will provide faster e.t.'s, more timing or more fuel?

Please explain these. PE delay rpm to 0 and the PE enable rpm to 0.

I'm not getting knock at those timings, but it didn't feel as fast as when I had more conservative timing 22-24 and leaner.

Tuner
    is this my HO spark map? if it is thats an old one, I have new slight updated in the car now.

Also I am asumming that peak torque is around 4700-5000rpms, I have timing dip in there in mine. I also bump the fuel .005 in PE for this range also. Also I have read on here that, people like pe muiltplyer set at 2.0 so get to commanded afr faster. am I wrong here??

head to the dyno on fri. brought an hour on the rollers, I have several different tunes ready to try. will report back.
    Last edited by WorkingManPerf.; 04-04-2006 at 02:32 AM.
    2009 G8 GT ... stock... DD

2005 GTO A4 (heads and cam ) currently broken.... last time 12.4 @ 109 (just a TC)

Sold: 2001 Chevrolet 2500HD 4X4 8100 vortec RCLB [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Yes its your map. Your Curtis right? Can you send me your latest and then let me know how you made out on Friday? Are you still running Tim's PE?

Setting the enrich rate to 2 will get to the PE multiplier value (1.13 or 13.0 AFR)
    quicker (less lag) You then need a wide band O2 to then set the Maf tables to get an actual 13.0 AFR as per the wide band O2. 13.0 AFR is commom for a NA engine. Then set the spark timing as an over rich AFR burns slower, so you need less timing with a`13.0 AFR than say a 12.0
    PE delay means that the enrich rate will be delayed untill the rpm reaches
    that value, so set it to 0 rpm.
    PE enable rpm means no PE untill the rpms reach that value, so set it at 0 rpm.

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    So your saying the car will run lower e.t's with a leaner mixture with less timing than a richer mixture with more timing?

How do you know how to shape the spark table? Do you just keep scaling the entire thing?

Tim's PE is shaped like this for a NA stock engine. Is this good or can it be improved? How do you find the line between perfect AFR and timing at each rpm and each load point?

0-5000rpm - 12.7
    5250 - 12.8
    5500 - 12.95
    5750 - 12.99

Do the last two actually get rounded to 13.0 in the PCM?

Advanced Tuner
    If the motor was tuned with the PE delay and PE RPM Enable set to stock, wouldn't setting it to 0 now make it too rich? If you set both to 0, wouldn't you be entering open loop all the time?

Just an FYI, I have COT turned off. Is that bad?

Tuner
    sure thing, send you everything that I find out on friday.

Sorry I keep changing stuff, but I run combos,ideas,tests for while see how runs. Last night I think I made a change for the better.

2005 GTO A4 (heads and cam ) currently broken.... last time 12.4 @ 109 (just a TC)

Tuner
    RUSS K.

Purple Piss and I are using a "Canned" maf, ve, and pe table per "Tim05gto" as he used a lc1-wb, all stock 05 ls2's here.

If he tuned his car with the pe enable/delay stock, and his afr was right you should be close. Was his tuned on a dyno? If so, most runs start above 2000 rpm to try to keep the trans from downshifting out of drive. Setting the pe the way that I mentioned, will help lower rpm.
    I tune for a commanded/actual 13.0 afr on my 2001 Z06 that makes 404 rwhp with cam/headers only. My timing peaks at 26* @ 2800 rpm, then down to 24* by 4000 rpm and stays that way to 7000 rpm, this is at wot @.68 to 1.20 g/cyl My afr spark table values are at 0, yours are not.
    Yes you want the cot off.
    The actual afr is logged by the wideband, not the pcm.

Russ Kemp

Tuner
    He did his WB tune on the street.

I did what you said about the pe. actually help my burst knock which was rare to begin with.

About timing maps, your peaking early in the powerband, then drift down and out to rpm limit. What the theory behind this?? I asking because spark maps are not really discuss around here.

My current spark map, peak at 4400 27*, drift down 24-25* around 4800 with a slight ramp up after 5400 to 25-26*out 6400(shift point). I really like how this one feels on the road. I am thinking right here??

Purple piss:
    if you look in the PE section, you will see tab for "PE ENABLE TPS", by "0" the other stuff, You are souly using table to command pe. makes it easier, and elimates possibly transaint lean conditons.

Advanced Tuner
    I think I'm more confused than ever. LOL.

Should MAP Hyst also be set to 0?

I think I should do my VE table first before I start messing with this stuff. If you change timing and AFR, do you have to redo the VE table? I assume once you do the MAF that nothing will change it unless you do intake changes?

Leave the map hyst stock. If your tuning the maf, leave the ve table alone.
    I would 0 out the afr advance table, as that will add timing when in pe.
    If your not checking the afr with a wide band, leave the pe muti & maf the same as Tim05gto if his afr was right. The pe enable tables I mentioned earlier are to get into pe sooner when you go wot from an idle.

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    If I'm going to start tuning should I still leave the pe map enable at 0 and pe mode delay rpm at 0 or set back to stock? When your tuning VE shouldn't you disable PE? If so how?

Ok, made some changes, what does everyone think about this?
    http://www.outlawpontiacdragseries.c...gtomod1.4a.hpt
    and stock to compare it to:
    http://www.outlawpontiacdragseries.c...stockbinA4.hpt

Anyone have a step by step in doing this stuff or is the LS2 too new?

where ever peak torque is, really need a dyno to reference this, you want lower timing then the rest of the table. WOT you want timing to increase from peak torque to peak power, yours decreased.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Are you wanting to do a mafless tune? I always set the pe multi to 1.13 (13.0 afr) Then using the wide band O2, scale the maf table using the maf error histogram. If doing a sd tune, use the ve error histogram. Part throttle commanded afr should be at 14.7 as logged with the scanner, Wot commanded afr should be 13.0 afr. The histogram will tell the afr % error because your logging the commanded afr (very important)
    I would just do the maf tune on your car since you have a stock cam.

Russ Kemp