Thread: Fluttering Throttle Body ???

Fluttering Throttle Body ???

Confirming, is this what a fluttering throttle body looks like in the scanner? I have a stock airbox, tube, MAF, and pedal. But the throttle body is an LS3 (gold blade). This could explain a lot of weird crap lately. I am assuming a ground or voltage problem to find right now unless someone knows of some other issue with running this TB with a roots blower.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 Avalanche 4WD; AES 390; Mast LS3 heads; VVT Cam; ported TVS2300; Overdrive 8 rib pulleys; 2.7 snout pulley; ID1000; LS3 TB; WB 450; Twin MM cans; built 6L80; CircleD Triple Disk, CSR flexplate; Trucool 40K; Aeroforce Dual; AFX

Well maybe not the harness, I read several posts about the LS3 TB fluttering at higher boost with blowers that draw the air thru the TB instead of push. I found an additional couple of posts that claim the older LS2 TB (silver blade and opens opposite direction) has a stronger spring than the newer LS3 TB. I have already tried two different LS3 TB's with no success, so I have an LS2 from my previous truck build, so I will lay it in the engine bay and plug the harness in to see if it will open okay. If that goes okay, on the Scalar data any advice on whether to use the LS2 (4725) or Truck Stock (5060) or scale from 87 mm to 90 mm accounting for the shaft thickness (approx. 5446)?
    2010 Avalanche 4WD; AES 390; Mast LS3 heads; VVT Cam; ported TVS2300; Overdrive 8 rib pulleys; 2.7 snout pulley; ID1000; LS3 TB; WB 450; Twin MM cans; built 6L80; CircleD Triple Disk, CSR flexplate; Trucool 40K; Aeroforce Dual; AFX

Posting this in case someone else has the same problem and comes looking for a solution. I finally was able to experiment with the throttle bodies. Just made a short WOT run with an LS2 throttle body (silver blade) and no REP mode. First time I was able to do this since putting the overdrive 8 rib belt system on a few months ago. From everything I gathered the LS2 and LSA/LS9 throttle bodies share the same motor, though people have written the LS2 has a stronger spring and more responsive. Yes the blade opens opposite to the stock LSA/LS9 type or LS3 throttle body but no problem. I am still wondering why GM uses the LSA/LS9 on the high horsepower blown cars instead of the LS2 if the LS2 is supposed to be more all that. Are they just avoiding obstructions plus space, its cheaper, or is the LSA/LS9 type really better but the everyone still thinks the world is flat. For now, the idle is TREMENDOUSLY better than I was able to ever do with the LS3 throttle bodies.

I'm sure they use whichever is cheaper, if they can get away with it.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock