Thread: logging knock srt4

logging knock srt4

I know that we can't do it yet but can somebody show what knock looks like in a datalog?also why is it when I'm logging my map kpa it will read around 255 then jump down to say 14 then back up to 255

Tuner in Training
    SAE PID wont read over 255kpa. connect a wire to the map sensor signal and run it to your MPVI and setup a custom scaling for over 255kpa.

to know what knock looked like in your log, you would have to have a predictable timing table, so that you know exactly what advance it should be at every point across a pull, then watch for variance from that

FWIW, I created my first log last night using the 2.25 beta. It appears that the GREC2 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T, 5.7l does not log knock either. I can't really use the tool as advertised at the moment. I have been reading and ready both the general and the Dodge specific 2.25 threads (many pages) and I have not found out whether I am supposed to be able to record knock on my car yet or not. I have headers through cat-back to put on my car this weekend and it's encouraging to read that there is support for the LM-1 Wideband, it's hard for me to justify upgrading to the Pro version when I can't see a mandatory basic like knock. I hope it's just something I'm doing wrong but after watching videos and reading help files on how to add that PID, I'm convinced that is not the case. I see the slot where knock is added by default and it states that it's an invalid parameter (or something like that). I am going to get details and send it to support in hope that it helps expedite resolution. They seem to get things added rapidly.
    2013 Dodge Challenger RT Plus - Shaker

Tuner in Training
    I checked this morning and we have knock logging on a 2012 gpec2 in 2.25, but no pressure ratio

Quote Originally Posted by Pector55 View Post
    FWIW, I created my first log last night using the 2.25 beta. It appears that the GREC2 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T, 5.7l does not log knock either. I can't really use the tool as advertised at the moment. I have been reading and ready both the general and the Dodge specific 2.25 threads (many pages) and I have not found out whether I am supposed to be able to record knock on my car yet or not. I have headers through cat-back to put on my car this weekend and it's encouraging to read that there is support for the LM-1 Wideband, it's hard for me to justify upgrading to the Pro version when I can't see a mandatory basic like knock. I hope it's just something I'm doing wrong but after watching videos and reading help files on how to add that PID, I'm convinced that is not the case. I see the slot where knock is added by default and it states that it's an invalid parameter (or something like that). I am going to get details and send it to support in hope that it helps expedite resolution. They seem to get things added rapidly.
    Has support resolved this for you?

I have tested multiple GPEC2 PCMs in house and are able to log the following PIDs without issue:
    • Total Knock Retard
    • Knock Retard Short Term
    • Knock Retard Long Term
    • Knock Fuel Retard
    • Knock Sensor 1
    • Knock Sensor 2
    • Knock Window Start
    • Knock WOT FA Multiplier

Tuner in Training
    2.25 would be perfect for gpec2 if it had pressure ratio since that's needed for VE tuning but 2.25 doesn't yet allow for custom pids like I have in 2.24

Quote Originally Posted by MattFJP View Post
    2.25 would be perfect for gpec2 if it had pressure ratio since that's needed for VE tuning but 2.25 doesn't yet allow for custom pids like I have in 2.24
    It does have PRatio... The enhanced PID is called Pressure Ratio and you can find it under: Engine -> Airflow -> Volumetric Efficiency ... or by simply searching for "Pressure Ratio" in the Channel Selector Search Box

Quote Originally Posted by Mark@HPTuners View Post
    Has support resolved this for you?

I have tested multiple GPEC2 PCMs in house and are able to log the following PIDs without issue:
    • Total Knock Retard
    • Knock Retard Short Term
    • Knock Retard Long Term
    • Knock Fuel Retard
    • Knock Sensor 1
    • Knock Sensor 2
    • Knock Window Start
    • Knock WOT FA Multiplier
    I just came back to edit my post but you quoted me so I'll leave it alone. I'm an idiot. I watched demos, read and re-read but I realized that while I was using the new 2.25 Editor to connect, I still had a shortcut to the 2.24 scanner. That is why I could not select any of the Retard PIDs and add them to the table. I sincerely apologize for the frustration caused by my own oversight.

In searching again today I found another thread that helped me figure it out. I wanted to search the forum before going to support.
    2013 Dodge Challenger RT Plus - Shaker

Tuner in Training
    Don't mind me Mark, I'm just blind and tired today...

Quote Originally Posted by MattFJP View Post
    Don't mind me Mark, I'm just blind and tired today...
    It's all good. Happens to the best of us

Tuner
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm having a similar problem with a 2012 Challenger. I have a lot of parameters available, but very few channels to match them. In particular I only have one channel available for spark. That is timing, but the folder for retard is not even shown in the channel list. I've tried a repoll for parameters without luck. Would anyone happen to have any ideas?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mxatunerjg View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm having a similar problem with a 2012 Challenger. I have a lot of parameters available, but very few channels to match them. In particular I only have one channel available for spark. That is timing, but the folder for retard is not even shown in the channel list. I've tried a repoll for parameters without luck. Would anyone happen to have any ideas?
    i am having the same issue with 3.2 version on 2011 6.4 srt8. any help on this?

Quote Originally Posted by obd2 View Post
    i am having the same issue with 3.2 version on 2011 6.4 srt8. any help on this?
    Email support. Make sure to include a VCM Suite Infolog

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark@HPTuners View Post
    Email support. Make sure to include a VCM Suite Infolog
    Done
    Thanks