Thread: Help picking injectors

Tuner in Training

Help picking injectors

Need help picking injectors that will have have flow data for calibration. Car is a 69 Camaro that will have around 650 crank hp. It's a 418 cube Lsx engine with efi victor Jr intake and edelbrock fuel rails. Holley 4 blade throttle body. Will have a speed density tune with a factory gm 411 ecm. Tanks Inc Intank 400 pump with return style fast regulator mounted on fuel rail. This will be my first time tuning with hp tuners pro. Thanks for any help picking a decent injector size and brand that will make an easier setup! Any other info you can give that will help me get started is appreciated. Thanks, Frank

Tuner in Training

Advanced Tuner
    Gm#12609749

Tuner in Training
    Does the data sheet come with them?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by frankg View Post
    Does the data sheet come with them?
    No. But it's posted here somewhere I think. And if not I can provide it for you. Just post the tune you want it for and I'll do the rest.

Tuner in Training
    They say 36 lb is that going to be enough fuel?? Thanks for the help.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    you can go to deatchworks, injector dynamics, witchhunter performance and use their injector calculators. if you choose any gm part number for an injector that the calculators say you can use then the information will be here in the forum somewhere or someone will cough it up for you as a kind gesture. Injector dynamics supplies their injector information in an excel file that is found on their website and it will be laid out in gm vehicle format for hptuners software.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    They say 36 lb is that going to be enough fuel?? Thanks for the help.
    I'm not sure where you found that. They are 50lb.

12609749 @ 58.8 psi (4 bar) the injector flows 50 lbs.
    so in older applications that fall short on psi (~43.5) the injector would flow 38-42 lbs.

Tuner in Training
    These have the ev1 plug correct? And they are the proper length for the victor Jr fuel rails? Thanks for the help! Pretty cheap on Amazon for $25 each #217-3410 Ac delco same as #12609749

Tuner in Training
    What fuel psi should these injectors be run at? I'll be doing a speed density tune and will probably run the car in open loop. So where would be the best spot to locate the wideband o2 sensor?? Is there any advice anyone can give before I get started?? This seems like the easiest way to set my car up. It will be run with a wide band hooked up always. Thanks for any advice for this newbie!! Lol

Advanced Tuner
    What fuel psi should these injectors be run at? I'll be doing a speed density tune and will probably run the car in open loop. So where would be the best spot to locate the wideband o2 sensor?? Is there any advice anyone can give before I get started?? This seems like the easiest way to set my car up. It will be run with a wide band hooked up always. Thanks for any advice for this newbie!! Lol
    58psi.
    At the end of the header collector or the beginning of the mid pipe, pre-cat if running them. I like the drivers side. I'm not an advocate of permanent open loop SD unless you really need to be.

You could also possibly cheat on the injector data.. Find out what vehicle those injectors come on stock, hopefully find the tune in the repository or find one in your area, then copy all the injector tables over. Pretty much what I did when I installed my flex fuel injectors and everything carried over with 0 issues.
    *Jeff*
    2002 4dr 2wd Blazer, 06 L33, LS6 cam, built trans, etc.. SOLD
    2008 Tahoe Hybrid 2wd, 6.0L LFA (stock dd)
    1964 Chevelle Malibu 4 door, 2003 LQ4, 06 GTO T56 swap -> https://www.chevelles.com/threads/19...-build.955866/

Tuner in Training
    Just got those injectors in today and they are not going to work. They are the shorter style and have the wrong plug. So what will be my other choice for an injector?? Need to have the ls1 plug and be longer thanks

Tuner in Training
    UPDATE I did get these injectors to work> I bought the plug adapters and shortened the fuel rail mounts to make them fit. These injectors work great for my engine. The car has run 10.80@126mph on 93 octane so far on my tune with a 4l80e overdrive and 3600 stall from FTI!! Thanks guys for the help. Ive been running it in open loop speed density. I might try to turn on one oxygen sensor to run in closed loop. Any info out there of what are the minimal parameters that need changed to turn on just one sensor to run both banks without turning on LTFT??? ive heard with big camshafts like I have that the LTFT adjust and get it out of whack over time, is this true???
    Last edited by frankg; 09-01-2019 at 08:58 AM.

if all you want is stft then go to the open loop tab and enable stft in open loop.
    check activity after flashing the new setting. if working then manually reset the fuel trims to allow a fresh start for trim learning.
    if you decide to make an adjustment then manually reset them again to provide the same fresh start.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 09-01-2019 at 03:30 PM.