Thread: Logging Fuel pressure using aeroforce sensor

Potential Tuner

Logging Fuel pressure using aeroforce sensor

I have read about people using the aeroforce Fuel Pressure sensor as a stand alone unit to log into HPT. I am all the data to input into the pid. I also now have the sensor and the 5v regulator.

What I cant figure out is the wiring. There is 3 wires on the sensor.
    -Ground
    -5v power input
    -output for logging

Doesn't HPT require a two wire setup to read a sensor? Do I run the 5v power supply to the sensor, then the other 2 wires to the EIO inputs? Or do I only need to run the 1 wire to the EIO input? I currently log my Autometer wide band, but it has a 2 wire output.
    '03 SSS 408 w/piston oil sprayers, Kb Front mount s480 into a 4" exhaust, Edelbrock pro-flo intake w/ ls2 throttle body, Tfs 225 heads, BTR custom cam, Id1000 injectors, meth injection, Dual 400 walbro pumps,electric fans, 4l80e upgrade, P.I. 3200 multi disk converter

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AkSSS View Post
    I have read about people using the aeroforce Fuel Pressure sensor as a stand alone unit to log into HPT. I am all the data to input into the pid. I also now have the sensor and the 5v regulator.

What I cant figure out is the wiring. There is 3 wires on the sensor.
    -Ground
    -5v power input
    -output for logging

Doesn't HPT require a two wire setup to read a sensor? Do I run the 5v power supply to the sensor, then the other 2 wires to the EIO inputs? Or do I only need to run the 1 wire to the EIO input? I currently log my Autometer wide band, but it has a 2 wire output.
    I've done a home-made fuel pressure logger for my own HP Tuners interface, and I basically did as you are suspecting.

You DO need to ground your pressure sensor to your regulated 5v source. I then just ran another ground wire from the power source ground terminal to the negative terminal of the EIO input, and the signal (output) wire from the pressure sensor to the Positive terminal of the EIO input.

In other words:

5v supply / Ground / Signal <-------------- Pressure Transducer
    ......|.............|...........|
    5v output / ground.......| <----------------- 5v Power Regulator
    ....................|...........|
    ................EIO (-) / EIO (+) <------------- MPVI Interface