Thread: What tuning school its good for the new 5.0's??

What tuning school its good for the new 5.0's??

Hello guys, I been tuning GM for the past years and would like to start learning on the ford cars,
    this new 5.0's are impressive.
    What school will teach me the right way, what have been a good school at home for you guys?

Banned
    Don @ LRT has a book out.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH@HPTuners View Post
    Don @ LRT has a book out.
    It's a great book!

I did two days in Katy TX last weekend with The Tuning School. Can't recommend it.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by esacteksab View Post
    It's a great book!

I did two days in Katy TX last weekend with The Tuning School. Can't recommend it.
    Please elaborate.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    Please elaborate.

Your inbox is full and my elaboration exceeds 5000 characters...got an e-mail?

Advanced Tuner
    It's empty now.
    Last edited by txcharlie; 09-25-2015 at 12:12 PM.

It's a great book!

What you did't like about it?

Tuner in Training
    I would also like to know.

Potential Tuner
    It's a great book!

You know this kind of thing is really disappointing. The folks at the tuning school are really class acts and their Ford tuning book is a great resource. I enjoyed taking the class personally and have been tuning for many years prior to this. I'm not saying that's there's not other great resources to also consider but to bash on them is not classy. And to HP Tuners reps: you guys should be defending The Tuning School as well..... They are one of your top supporters and they constantly promote HP Tuners.

Potential Tuner
    I've had nothing but success from using The Tuning School. I took their Ford Class class last weekend and I've already tuned 3 Mustangs since then with no prior knowledge on how to tune them. The book they give you is about 300 pages long and is full of good information and references on where you can find the table you're looking for. The book comes with step by step laminates that lay everything our for you so that you can start forming a process on how you tune. It even comes with a full year of support where if you get stumped you can call and I gaurantee they have an answer for you. It's pretty much a bulletproof way of learning the material you need to know.

I put it this way. The Tuning School took me from knowing nothing about a subject to knowing more about it than most tuners in a matter of days.

It's a great book!

Why not elaborate in a public forum? I can tell you one thing Bob & his employees are a great bunch of guys and if there is something they can do to make the class better, help you out, and to help future students out I can assure you they would love to hear about it.

Western New York's Performance Headquarters

Tuner in Training
    I haven't taken the Ford class yet. I did however take the GM one a couple years back. I have nothing but good things to say about the course, class, Bob and his crew. Can't even imagine that has changed at all. The Tuning School is an extremely professional organization.

Potential Tuner
    I have taken more than 5 courses from the tuning school. 2 online, 2 public, and 1 private course. I have also used numerous brands of tuning software and have since converted to using hp for everything. I tune for a living. And can honestly say the tuning school has changed my whole career. Any of their classes will make you a better tuner. The other thing about taking their class is the support you receive from them. If you run into an issue they are there to help. Just the ability to pick up the phone if you have a problem is worth the price of the class. I would highly reccomend taking their ford course. It is a game changer, especially if you have ever had to fight your way through a tune on a ford before. Even if you have never tuned a car before after the course you will be comfortable tuning.

I haven't take the ford class yet, but I did took the GM begging and advance class book from the tuning school. I learn a lot from them I do want the ford class but I'm low on cash right now. Matth@Hptuners point me to the book of Don @ LRT and by the description it looks pretty good and for the price for it, have anyone in here got Don book? How it's it compare to the tuning school book?

Tuner
    @samsloan4 hit the nail on the head. The support after the class is key. Anyone can buy books and read them, can take classes, and watch videos. It's when you sit down to actually use what you learned that you may want someone to lean on to, at the very least, double check your work. The Tuners School provided that with their 1yr of support. They have even answered a few questions outside of the 1yr because they are just good people.

@=fast= I have both Lasotas books (Ultimate Ford Tuning Guide and Coyote Cookbook) and I recommend both in addition to The Tuner School Ford take home course. Each book/class/video has taught me something that the other didn't, not because they missed it, but rather due to the different style each brings to the table. We all learn in different ways so seeing things in different lights helped.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by random View Post
    You know this kind of thing is really disappointing. The folks at the tuning school are really class acts and their Ford tuning book is a great resource. I enjoyed taking the class personally and have been tuning for many years prior to this. I'm not saying that's there's not other great resources to also consider but to bash on them is not classy. And to HP Tuners reps: you guys should be defending The Tuning School as well..... They are one of your top supporters and they constantly promote HP Tuners.

WTF, really? "can't recommend" now equals bashing? And that requires someone to "defend" them?

Advanced Tuner
    OP asked for opinions of tuning schools and esacteksab gave his. If you had a great experience with the Tuning School, then post it up, but that doesn't mean you need to attack someone who offers a different opinion. "Can't recommend it" is a long way from bashing.
    I too have read only good things about The Tuning School and plan to attend one of their classes even after hearing about the issues esacteksab had with the class. I'm very impressed with the video's I have seen that Bob Morreale has released.
    We are all tuners here to help each other learn and share our knowledge and even share our experiences, both good and bad.

Advanced Tuner
    School of hard knocks for me. lol

No pun intended. e85 my shit doesnt knock lol.