Thread: commanded AFR

Tuner in Training

commanded AFR

I searched but didnt get a definitive answer.

So how does the PCM decide what the "air fuel ratio commanded hi res(or low res)" is and where does it come from?

I ask because when first entering into PE mode, commanded AFR is where I sent the AFR in the PE EQ Ratio vs. RPM table ( 12.84 AFR) but as I increase in RPM's it goes richer and richer all the way to like 11.70??(commanded) and so my scanned AFR reading corresponds. Now yes I can change my PE EQ ratio to fudge it to a good WOT AFR (approx12.8-9) but again why is the PCM commanding something different? know what I mean?

Thank you!
    Bryan
    current build: 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ, 4.6L stroker w/mild cam, competition ported Newcomer Racing head, Hardland Sharp rockers, full 3" exhaust, 62mm TB. 24# injectors etc..

LS6 swapped Porsche 944

you are most likely encountering Cat Overtemp Protection and it is richening up your mixture to keep the cats cool.

Do not rape the PE tables. use them to command what you want to command, if that is 12.8 then make PE 1.14 or 1.15

adjust fueling by adjusting your MAF/VE tables.

if you do not want Cat Overtemp messing with your AF ratio, then disable it.

Tuner in Training
    Dam! well first off sorry I forgot that I posted this.(i know im retarded)
    Second you were right! I guess I didnt notice that before. It all makes sense though. Thank you very much!
    current build: 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ, 4.6L stroker w/mild cam, competition ported Newcomer Racing head, Hardland Sharp rockers, full 3" exhaust, 62mm TB. 24# injectors etc..

LS6 swapped Porsche 944