Thread: tuning my new motor. first time hp tuners user, and lost

Tuner in Training

tuning my new motor. first time hp tuners user, and lost

short story. removed my ls1, built a iron 6.0 added 243 heads (fully ported) and a brian tooley cam adv duration is 277 287. 613 .576 lift. and bought a ls2 intake used off craigslist w/ injectors. modified harness for injectors and map sensor. fired it up on the stock 2001 ls1 ecm. i have done everything I SEE to bring my afr down at idle. i havent even gotten past idle yet in my tuning experience. i was able to make it idle by increasing target idle speed and base running airflow which i learned via youtube. not sure that this is the correct way because everyone elses hpt file doesnt have setting anything like i do. my start up afr is in the 10s maybe 11s. i have taken my ve map to as low as 10 thinking lets make it run lean after all small changes did nothing. i also dropped my ve cranking map lower and even took my open loop eq ratio to 1.00. all with little to no change. last i took my floe rate vs kpa to 28.5 rumored that my injectors were 28.5 maybe i was supposed to make a change in thereryans ls1 tune mod latest.hpt

ERM Performance Training Program development questionairre.doc

You need to read up on how to use the HP Tuners and then how the basics of GEN III tuning. Unfortunately you can't just come in and ask for help....from scratch. What is you current understanding of HP Tuners and Tuning? I have a attached a questionnaire I send to potential clients to guage their understandings and needs. See if it helps you layout a learning process. Goggle and search tuning basics as well to help become acquainted with the process.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    ERM Performance Training Program development questionairre.doc

You need to read up on how to use the HP Tuners and then how the basics of GEN III tuning. Unfortunately you can't just come in and ask for help....from scratch. What is you current understanding of HP Tuners and Tuning? I have a attached a questionnaire I send to potential clients to guage their understandings and needs. See if it helps you layout a learning process. Goggle and search tuning basics as well to help become acquainted with the process.

Ed M
    Yes^^

And post your tune and logs so we can see what you have done.
    POWERZONE- AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING SOLUTIONS
    STREET TUNING/DYNO TUNING/TRACK TUNING/REMOTE TUNING/EMAIL TUNING
    [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Ok so i i read the questionnaire you posted not sure am i supposed to fill it out and send it back? my original problem is navigating the program and maybe this is all included in the help section of vcm. i think i may have red enough to fix my problem i originally was asking about i up scaled my injector flow numbers which finally made my ve table effective. my next problem is my wide band config for vcm i will start reading i went thru step by step instructions with no dice must be missing something. i do understand that senior members and experienced tuners are prob all so tired of newies just getting on and asking for help but some of the stuff out there to read makes no dam sense. thanks for any help people have for me. i did post my tune and i will follow this post with my config file

Tuner in Training
    test 1.cfg here is my config file. i am having troubles with the wideband setup and data logging if anyone is willing to help

Quote Originally Posted by 20-inch-bike View Post
    test 1.cfg here is my config file. i am having troubles with the wideband setup and data logging if anyone is willing to help
    Going to need a log with that .cfg please.

Thx

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]