Thread: Twin Trubo setup MAF Curve in a 3.5in housing

Tuner in Training

Twin Trubo setup MAF Curve in a 3.5in housing

I'm trying to get a handle on the MAF curve calibration.

I have attached two logs and tune files. One has the MAF aurflow vs period at stock levels and the other has it with 30% added. I also tried 30% subtracted. I can't get the ST fuel trims to change much, and after a while running they stop changing. Also both o2's are at .74-.76 but commanded around 1.0 not matter what I change I can't seem to get them to change.

they are both within .1-.2 of each other. I have LTFT disabled and MAF temp correction until I can get this somewhat close

Base file Turbo 80 goes with first2 log
    Base file Turbo 80 with 30% out goes with 30%out log

I have tried very drastic changes t the period table with very little results

I'm just needing a little help getting on the right track

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    its a 2011 mustang gt with twin 60mm turbos and 80lb ford racing injectors on 91 fuel. Its using a stock MAF

If your still running stock fuel pump setup then injector data is bad, its setup for 39.15 psi.

Tuner in Training
    If all the the injector data is correct then you will be fine. There are multipliers to compensate for different rail pressures. Post a picture of you MAF location. I would consider a 3 ID MAF Housing at least 8 inches long to keep air flow straight. IMO 80 lb injector on pump fuel is not ideal injector at idle.

Tuner in Training
    All injector is correct according to this link
    https://fordperformanceracingparts.c...-9593-lu80.pdf
    which is straight from ford

I also know they dont idle the best at times but this car seems to idle just fine.

I just need t get the MAF curve correct

Also again its a 3.5in tube and I have attached some pics of the setup.

Its the revised 3.5in On3 pipe thats used with the stock MAF

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    I'm seeing an open loop fault on your log. Does the car ever go into closed loop? Are you seeing ECT, IAT readings?
    2013 Mustang 5.0 A6
    Procharger P1SC1 STGII w/4" pulley = 10lbs
    DW 95lb Injectors
    Lethal Performance O/R X-PIPE
    Borla S-Type
    -----------------------------------------------------
    2016 Ford F250 6.7L
    Stock

Are you still running stock returnless system?

If so the data needs to be for 55 psi not 39psi.

If not disregard my post

Tuner in Training
    Try returning all open/ closed loop setting back to stock. Log coolant temperature and get the car up to temperature. Use long term trims to adjust maf curve once the engine is at operating temperature. Those logs still show the car in open loop.
    Last edited by BNA; 09-21-2015 at 10:07 PM. Reason: fuel pressure not adjustable wrong info

Advanced Tuner
    60's and 80's cause ol fault...they are hit and miss on which strategy/setups they're run well on. I've faced similar issues. Finally tossed the 80's in favor of a set of id1k's and haven't looked back...haven't had ol fault except when I was first starting and tune was way jilted from running the 80's.

They worked decent in my setup, but them into a buddy's 13 and the car had issue after issue. Swapped back to 47's in that car and it cured them. I modified all of the multipliers with the 80's in my car and it seemed to help.
    "I didn't fail, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Tuner in Training
    Stangguy Where in injector dynamics ID1000 literature do you see that the data is for "4bar" ? Whats the point of the multipliers for different inferred rail pressures?

Black05silverado whats your horspower goals. You may want to consider different injectors.

The fuel pressure multipliers will take care of the pressure difference. There is no need to plug in 4bar specific values.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    If you notice the injector data multipliers are all 1 in the injector data for RETURN STYLE fuel system with a 1:1 boost reference regulator. The excel program is just doing the math for you. Since the fuel pressure is inferred and not directly measured like the previous system, changing fuel system with different lines and regulator the inferred method goes out the window IMO. If the fuel system is left stock then let the ecu work for you.

I just did a on3 kit w their intake tube and i feel its the design of some of the tubes. This one was modified for a boss intake also. At wot it always goes to 10.5ish. I had to return it to the owner until this weekend but im not sure whats up. If anyone tuned for a on3 tt kit w good af trims in here please post it. Just fyi i swapped out this guys 80s for id100s and still same damn issue.
    GOD HELP US ALL....

If I'm not mistaken, that's what the Flow Rate Mult vs Pressure are for. The multiplier at 39.15 PSI is 1.00 and 1.24 at 60 PSI, so there is no need to input 4 Bar values.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Tuner in Training
    Getting closer stft at idle are within 2-3%. Still having issues with commanded bs actual lambda.

I'm running the stock fuel system but will be adding a boost a pump

Anyone know a good way to tell if the O2 sensors are swapped? Think they maybe and with extensions it wouldn't be hard to do

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Unplug one air fuel sensor and check DTC's. The DTC will tell you which bank you unplugged, if the bank you unplugged doesn't match the appropriate bank swap them. Bank 1 is the passengers side and Bank 2 is the drivers sides

Tuner in Training
    Found out the o2's were fine and I got the MAf within 2-3% through most of the range.

I'm having a bit of trouble with knock which is strange considering how little timing is there. I will start a separate thread about it.

I'm also needing help on how to increase the MAF range as it seems I'm hitting the highest period table

Thanks,

Tuner in Training
    Have you worked your way up to WOT pull? If so post a log

Tuner in Training
    Yes look at knock thread to see the WOT pull

I actually took it to the track....thought it was safe,but didnt know about the negative numbers being knock...wont be driving it hard until I figure that out