Thread: How to Scan :/

Question How to Scan :/

Ive read and searched and searched pages and pages GM 8 cyl, 6, and 4
    How do I convert my data scans to input on my editor? i've been doing it manual so its not that precise
    6+3 = 9 but so does 5+4. The way you do things isn't always the only way to do them. Respect other people’s way of thinking

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    copy and paste special.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

that works on older cars and trucks (2.24 scanner to 2.24 editor)
    ive been using 2.25 to edit and scanning with 2.24 then manually editing the info. so i emailed support and got 2.25 scanner, i did a log (found i had knock, bad gas i guess). But i cant do the copy and paste
    Any Advice?
    6+3 = 9 but so does 5+4. The way you do things isn't always the only way to do them. Respect other people’s way of thinking

Oh you have beta...in that case the latest version i run is 2.25.2450 and it still does not allow copy and paste unless you are using the Virtual VE Feature. You will have to continue manual entry in the main editor tables until a update with the copy and paste is added.
    all 2.25 updates are supposed to be listed in the huge thread on 2.25 in the softawre/scanner section. If your struggling to find the answer i would post a question in there before actively pestering tech. The Mods actively read those threads and should have the answers you are looking for.

Advanced Tuner
    I create the tables in Microsoft Excel to copy and paste the tune table, the scanner table, and then run a formula to calculate the same data that HPTuners was doing with the Paste Special Features.

2013 excel wont let me paste even if i add the headers...

Advanced Tuner
    I'm using 2.25 beta as well but I'm still using the 2.24 scanner so when I need to do a copy/paste, I open an older tune in 2.24 and then copy the 2.25 data to the 2.24 tune and then use the info from the scanner to copy/paste (special) into the 2.24 tune and then copy that info back into the 2.25 tune. Might be the long way to do it but at least it works.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyS View Post
    I'm using 2.25 beta as well but I'm still using the 2.24 scanner so when I need to do a copy/paste, I open an older tune in 2.24 and then copy the 2.25 data to the 2.24 tune and then use the info from the scanner to copy/paste (special) into the 2.24 tune and then copy that info back into the 2.25 tune. Might be the long way to do it but at least it works.
    That sounds like a greal idea
    Thanks
    I'm deleting my 2.25 scanner now my 2.24 doesn't read my car