Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stability control wreaking my fun

Advanced Tuner

stability control wreaking my fun

How do I stop stability control wreaking all my fun, it keeps cutting the throttle when I'm into it. all that seems to work is disconnecting the abs module but then no gauges or a/c work. it is a 2008 ve commodore e38 computer.

Advanced Tuner
    Can't you disable it manually with a button on the dash? On my 2012 Impala, I can disable stability control by holding the Traction Control button in for like 5 seconds.

Simply pressing the Traction Control button disables traction control, but holding the button in for 5 seconds disables stability control.

Just an FYI in case you can do the same thing on your vehicle. Although, I've read that even this does not *completely* disable stability control - it just greatly reduces the amount of it.

Same on C6 corvette--hold the button long enough and it will disable traction control and active handling.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah tired that one, it still cuts the throttle.

Senior Tuner
    if u disable the traction control in the torque management section does that help..? or is it actually the ESP controlling it..? i also have the traction button in front of the gear stick which disables all esp/tc

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    if u disable the traction control in the torque management section does that he..? or is it actually the ESP controlling it..? i also have the traction button in front of the gear stick which disables all esp/tc
    It's esp, you can turn trac off but esp will still kick in.

If you have a faulty tire pressure sensor the computer will not allow you to disengage the stability control. Found that out last week, cost me $105 to fix the damn TPMS. 1 paid for, 3 more to go out.

Tuner in Training
    if u disable the traction control in the torque management section does that help..? or is it actually the ESP controlling it..? i also have the traction button in front of the gear stick which disables all esp/tc
    Post your tune file, there are quite a few settings and tables in the TQ management tab u have to tweak to kill the esp.
    02 BA XR6T, Crow Race Valve springs, centre muffler removed, 60lb siemens and stage 2 PW cooler+UB intake, 307RWKW at 12psi. SOLD

99 Nissan Patrol, l77 ls2 + 6L80 swap SOLD

2013 Gen-F HSV Clubsport R8 - Work in progress

Senior Tuner
    i just have all the tables maxed out and the TCS Method spark/fuel cut/ETC all disabled, ever since the blower was fitted it cant control it anyway so i just disabled them until i have a chance to see if i can play around with it and control it with all the extra torque

Tuner in Training
    i just have all the tables maxed out and the TCS Method spark/fuel cut/ETC all disabled, ever since the blower was fitted it cant control it anyway so i just disabled them until i have a chance to see if i can play around with it and control it with all the extra torque
    Sorry mate I quoted the wrong post, I was going to see if the OP wanted to post up his tune. all good
    02 BA XR6T, Crow Race Valve springs, centre muffler removed, 60lb siemens and stage 2 PW cooler+UB intake, 307RWKW at 12psi. SOLD

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Cooper View Post
    Sorry mate I quoted the wrong post, I was going to see if the OP wanted to post up his tune. all good
    ok no worries all good

What is esp

Quote Originally Posted by ericwilloughby View Post
    What is esp
    electronic stability
    2010 Avalanche 4WD; AES 390; Mast LS3 heads; VVT Cam; ported TVS2300; Overdrive 8 rib pulleys; 2.7 snout pulley; ID1000; LS3 TB; WB 450; Twin MM cans; built 6L80; CircleD Triple Disk, CSR flexplate; Trucool 40K; Aeroforce Dual; AFX

Senior Tuner
    electronic stability program , its like a yaw control if you slide sideways it will use the brakes independently and TPS and all the other sensors to help get it back in control

Advanced Tuner
    Really no one else has this problem with a ve commodore I can turn the trac button off disable all the trac stuff in the tune, but will still cut the the throttle. I will go WOT and it will light the tyres 1st, 2nd but when it hits 3rd it will chop the throttle.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by will15 View Post
    Really no one else has this problem with a ve commodore I can turn the trac button off disable all the trac stuff in the tune, but will still cut the the throttle. I will go WOT and it will light the tyres 1st, 2nd but when it hits 3rd it will chop the throttle.
    Post your tune, you may have missed something

Advanced Tuner
    Post your tune, you may have missed something
    Here's the tune but as far as I know esp can't be tuned off with hp tuners.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    TCS Edit.png

Sorry for the late reply!!
    Change the red boxes and see how you go, it should skid like mad now. Just note the TRC button wont do anything anymore..........
    Post back with how you go

Advanced Tuner
    TCS Edit.png

Sorry for the late reply!!
    Change the red boxes and see how you go, it should skid like mad now. Just note the TRC button wont do anything anymore..........
    Post back with how you go
    Sorry mate got caught up tuning this other car, so i have all ready tired changing those tables and still no dice all they do is stop traction control this is a ESP problem.

Tuner in Training
    That's strange mate I can set my car up like that and I have no problems, i can turn the tyres up in to 4th gear on the brake!

Have you tried logging using the Tq management pids in the scanner, it will tell you where the Tq cut request is coming from?