Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stability control wreaking my fun

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Cooper View Post
    That's strange mate I can set my car up like that and I have no problems, i can turn the tyres up in to 4th gear on the brake!

Have you tried logging using the Tq management pids in the scanner, it will tell you where the Tq cut request is coming from?

No i have not done a full tq management log probably should do that. This is not problem when foot braking a burn out but when you do a power skid and you start to get a bit side ways it will fully cut the thottle and the only thing that i can get to stop it is disconecting the abs module.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by will15 View Post
    No i have not done a full tq management log probably should do that. This is not problem when foot braking a burn out but when you do a power skid and you start to get a bit side ways it will fully cut the thottle and the only thing that i can get to stop it is disconecting the abs module.
    Sorry mate I have been crazy busy, if u Pull the plug of an abs sensor it should do the same thing as disconnecting the module, then the can bus will still be active and the dash will still work.

It's a strange issue by the sounds of it, I don,t have a drama with power skids either with those same setting I'm my tune, but my car is a different model.

If u can grab a log with the Tq management pids u can at least see where the request is coming from, it may be something hp tuners can sort out but they will need as much info as possible.
    02 BA XR6T, Crow Race Valve springs, centre muffler removed, 60lb siemens and stage 2 PW cooler+UB intake, 307RWKW at 12psi. SOLD

99 Nissan Patrol, l77 ls2 + 6L80 swap SOLD

2013 Gen-F HSV Clubsport R8 - Work in progress

Tuner in Training
    In vettes you disconnect the steering angle harness at the base of the steering column and it will disable the system. Great for track days if you don't fun tpms in track wheels

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by y2khardtop View Post
    In vettes you disconnect the steering angle harness at the base of the steering column and it will disable the system. Great for track days if you don't fun tpms in track wheels
    In my Camaro on drag wheels without TPMS I can still keep it enabled/disabled based on the button on the dash...and it still works without the TPMS stuff...including the "Service Tire Monitor" setup every time I start it.

I did have the steering angle harness unplugged for a while and it was nice having everything auto disable...but I got tired of the lights on the dash, so I re-enabled it. Seems each platform GM treats a little different though, some vehicles let you disable it, some say it's disabled but I think is still a little invasive...some require no faults to disable...weird.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat