Thread: surging all of a sudden at idle

Advanced Tuner

surging all of a sudden at idle

I installed 2.25 and wrote it to the system. It was running fine. Then I made a minor change and it said I had the wrong operating system when I did a write. So I did a write entire. Now a lot of surging. When I look at the operating system it does not even show that I have the 2.0 bar system. This is really weird. What is going on? I would like to go back to 2.24. But even when I flash it to the tune on my customer page 2.25 comes up.
    2016 Hellcat Challenger, automatic, black on black with brass monkey wheels

10.13@ 140 DA 5000 feet
    2.75 pulley, tune, drag radials. 10 percent lower od crank pulley, 1050 ix. off road mid pipe. tune

"Flash it to the tune on my customer page 2.25 comes up" makes no sense. Explain what you're doing.

What I would recommend: Download the latest version of 2.24. Install it.

Open 2.24 editor manually. i.e. start-->programs-->hp tuners-->VCM editor. Open an old version of the tune that wasn't saved in 2.25 but still includes the OS enhancements that you want.

Write entire.

Then you should be able to open 2.25, open your latest tune and write calibration only with whatever the latest tune is you have.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    "Flash it to the tune on my customer page 2.25 comes up" makes no sense. Explain what you're doing.

What I would recommend: Download the latest version of 2.24. Install it.

Open 2.24 editor manually. i.e. start-->programs-->hp tuners-->VCM editor. Open an old version of the tune that wasn't saved in 2.25 but still includes the OS enhancements that you want.

Write entire.

Then you should be able to open 2.25, open your latest tune and write calibration only with whatever the latest tune is you have.

10.13@ 140 DA 5000 feet
    2.75 pulley, tune, drag radials. 10 percent lower od crank pulley, 1050 ix. off road mid pipe. tune

Advanced Tuner
    I do not like acting overly thankful. But thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

I opened a tune from an e mail. I then went to open the old fashion way. I saw the beta and the old editor. I used the old editor. It uploaded 2.24!!!! Then I ERASED 2.25. It is not for me now.

All the surging is gone! Back to normal.

I appreciate you taking me step by step as I admit I am not good at this stuff.

10.13@ 140 DA 5000 feet