Thread: made a few changes to file

made a few changes to file

i got a stock and and compares to my file and made a few changes , now do i write entire or write calibration only ??
    thanks

What are you trying to do?

Are you taking a file that you already have, then used the compared feature with a stock file to transfer data over to your file and now you want to write the "new" file to the vehicle??

If so, you will just write it as a calibration only. There is no need to to do a write entire because you are still using a tune "file" that is still for that vehicle.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

thats what i tried to do , when i did , it said application key is invalid , i know i got a good key i have used it to scan and do a log ,, do i have to get a new key every time ? now my sone used the hp tuner to do his car , but he bought new keys with his vin ,, what am i doing wrong ??

thanks

We are going to have no idea.

I have no clue what vehicle this is for.

I don't know if you have tuned this vehicle with YOUR hp tuners cable. If you have never tuned this car with your cable and have never unlocked the VIN to your cable, you cannot tune that vehicle untill you spend 2 credits to unlock it.

But if you are using HIS hp tuners and his cable with the files already unlocked, then you should be able to write the tune like normal.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

it is my tuner , i used it the other day after i bought 2 credits , i have scanned and did a log run on my car i bought the credits from hp tuner got the keys by email , i even got new keys a min ago by email . how do i load the new keys ?

thanks

Editor, then under help > licence info.

sorry about this , i got it the other day i didnt use my credits ,,thought i did,, all good now ,, 1 last thing if i dont like this tune can i write entire on my old tune i saved ??
    thanks again sorry about all this

You don't need to write entire ever really.

A calibration only write will work 99% of the time on the same vehicle, unless you changed OS's with a 2 bar map, 3 bar map upgrade type of stuff.

So if the old original tune is saved you can just do a wrtie cal and be done. Or just make adjustments to the current tune, save it and write cal on that too.

good to know ,, i got my new tune loaded with no codes ,, i didnt drive it yet i will tonight and see how it does
    thanks again

clear these up please , i have 2 pic here , 1 is of my setting and the other is from a stock setting which 1 is the best to go with and why

thanks

first is stock

mine

You've never said what car this for or if you have mods done to the motor.

I also see that the MAF fail HZ is different on both screen shots.

, the first pic is of a stock 06 siliverado , and mine is a 55 chevy with the same motor no nods to mine other than the modern things left out on the DCT's ,, should the MAF setting be the same ??

well might be going in wrong direction i got a engine light i cleared them hope you can see them here are the files please tell me what i am doing wrong

thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

on my last tune i got 2 codes
    the codes are PO134,, PO154 i have been reading about these, and most say change the sensor, mine are new i put them in when i did the motor swap , reasoning being the old sensors were different plug , i had to go to square plug to match wiring harness , could that be something in common ??? the motor is from a 06 truck and PCM is from 02 camaro i say the harness id for the 06 truck .. what do i need to do ?

thanks

what be the chances i have the wrong sensors installed ?? here is a pic like i said the moroe is a 06 silverado and the pcm is for a 01 or 02 camero ,, and the wiring harness is for the motor i believe ,, ( red & blue ) plug on PCM

I've bought brand new faulty sensors. I would find out how to check sensor first.

i tested mine my heater is ok but when i put heat to nothing,, so maybe bad one , i am returning mine for new ones

got my new ones installed and still the same thing , no activity on both
    i check the voltage i got 13v at the plug ( pink & black ) , i check the sensor at a idle i had .8 coming back from sensor ( tan and purple ) they show working ,, i am going to double check my wiring is good from the plug to EMc plug , could there be something else ?? all i did is go in and turn on the DCT's here is my tune maybe i need to do more

thanks guys
    Attached Files Attached Files

anyone ?