Thread: back fires but no start!

back fires but no start!

trying to get the car to start and run. when cranking it will pop and backfire but will not start and run. i have exhausted my limited knowledge of what could be wrong. if someone could take a look at how things are and possibly point me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it.

setup:
    97 trans am
    ls7
    e38 computer
    id1000
    zr1 map
    granitelli maf
    it is on 93 oct.

start attempt.hpllt427.hpt

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    something is not in-sync, cam sensor/crank sensor
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuning Addict
    Can't see the tune, but how did you scale for the injectors. Data fit completely or max out somewhere?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by supercamaro427tt View Post
    trying to get the car to start and run. when cranking it will pop and backfire but will not start and run. i have exhausted my limited knowledge of what could be wrong. if someone could take a look at how things are and possibly point me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it.

setup:
    97 trans am
    ls7
    e38 computer
    id1000
    zr1 map
    granitelli maf
    it is on 93 oct.

start attempt.hpllt427.hpt
    Double check the coil harness and make sure the harness is plugged into the correct cylinders. It is possible to plug them in backwards and have the symptom you are experiencing.