Thread: lnc-2000

Potential Tuner

lnc-2000

Could someone tell me how to setup the vmc where I can log the lnc-2000 when it retards the timing. I have the gray wire ran to port 5, but I do not know how to config my primary table.

Thanks alot

Quote Originally Posted by fairc67 View Post
    Could someone tell me how to setup the vmc where I can log the lnc-2000 when it retards the timing. I have the gray wire ran to port 5, but I do not know how to config my primary table.

Thanks alot
    I was told by lingenfelter that you couldn't log with the grey wire using hpt. But I dont think that true. I would also like to know the answer to this.
    5th Gen camaro LS3 AGP Twins

What's the output look like? 0-5V, 0-12V, something else?

If it's 0-5V or something close you should be able to set it up as an external sensor. You'd have to figure out the formula to convert voltage to whatever it is you want to see.

If you can post some more details on what the wire does, etc. I can probably help.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    What's the output look like? 0-5V, 0-12V, something else?

If it's 0-5V or something close you should be able to set it up as an external sensor. You'd have to figure out the formula to convert voltage to whatever it is you want to see.

If you can post some more details on what the wire does, etc. I can probably help.
    This is from the LNC_2000 manual.

The LNC-2000 provides an analog voltage output that indicates the amount of timing retard that
    is being applied. The gray analog output wire provides a linear 0 to 3 volt DC output with 0 volts
    indicating 0 degrees of timing retard and 3 volts indicating 15 degrees of timing retard. This voltage
    value can be logged with EFILive, HPTuners, DashDAQ or other devices to allow you to determine
    how much timing you really had while going down the track.

I should clarify that Ligenfelter told me that they couldnt help me with how to do it using hpt, they used EFI. They didnt tell me I could not do it with HPT, sorry that was missleading.

I would still love to know how to setup my scanner to log what its doing.

Setup an external / user defined input with the equation V / 0.2 + 0 and that should get you a reading on HPT that you can use

Then you can use it in a histogram however you want
    Last edited by schpenxel; 09-20-2015 at 07:24 PM.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Setup an external / user defined input with the equation V / 0.2 + 0 and that should get you a reading on HPT that you can use

Then you can use it in a histogram however you want
    Thank you! I just set this User Input up. Unfortunately I can't test it the engine is getting tore apart. Have to wait till the cars back out of the shop. I will try it out then.