Thread: TPS only goes to 90%

Potential Tuner

TPS only goes to 90%

I recently put an accufab 4500 on my 00 camaro. The TPS will only go to 90%. Should I change my WOT dynamic cyl. air TPS enable to 90% also?

Tuner in Training
    have someone push pedal while you verify under hood that it is not going to full open. if not on tc controlled cars there is two adjustments in the cables so you can make it get there. also check tps voltage in scanner to verify that you have the tps sensor set correctly based on voltage min and max

Advanced Tuner
    As far as I know it will never show 100%. I think the max the cars show is 88% and and trucks are a little lower than that. The reason is that OE found no gains w/ 100% and they also use the throttle blade angle to direct air into a certain area of the intake. This is what the Tuning School says anyway.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@HAP View Post
    As far as I know it will never show 100%. I think the max the cars show is 88% and and trucks are a little lower than that. The reason is that OE found no gains w/ 100% and they also use the throttle blade angle to direct air into a certain area of the intake. This is what the Tuning School says anyway.
    Ehhhh wrong.

On a DBC vehicle Throttle Position SAE (%) will show 100%, if there are no mechanical faults or installation errors.

On a DBW vehicle Throttle Position SAE (%) will only show 88%(ish). However ETC Position (%) will show 100% if there are no mechanical faults or installation errors.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglegoat View Post
    Ehhhh wrong.

On a DBC vehicle Throttle Position SAE (%) will show 100%, if there are no mechanical faults or installation errors.

On a DBW vehicle Throttle Position SAE (%) will only show 88%(ish). However ETC Position (%) will show 100% if there are no mechanical faults or installation errors.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me.

In this log I get 100% throttle position SAE
    Attached Files Attached Files