Thread: Stock 2011 Regal tune is weird !!! ??

Tuner in Training

Stock 2011 Regal tune is weird !!! ??

Hi
    Bought this Regal brand new. Finally out of warranty and looking at tune. Look at the weird Fuel injector #'s. Flow rate is 0. I was going to put in a stock GS tune but saw major difference's in the compare feature. All injector data is off. WTF. Do you think I should change all of that data?
    THanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    has your vehicle ever been tuned by someone else? If not email support.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    the file uploaded looks the same as the ones in the repository for your year. unless both files in the repository are non gs which iirc one has the A6 coding that should be found in the Regal GS
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Never been tuned. How does it run good with those #'s in the injector data? Zero for flow and look at the min pulse. I guess I can try to change it to more normal data but as other 2011's are the same it is puzzling.
    Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    So you have no idea what the tables actually do and what those specific numbers mean but you are going to change them to "more normal data"? Doesn't sound like you should touch the tables in my opinion.

Tuner in Training
    Take a look and compare. Flow rate of injectors on my tune are 0 lb's in the "flow rate ". I know they are 130.9 lb injectors. Also the short pulse limit is 7 where injector data for the 130's are 1. Just trying to understand why. I have only done 3 LS engines and know getting flow tables right are important. Thanks for ALL THE HELP MIKE! If you can't help explain why GM has the data like that just say so or say nothing "advanced Tuner". I was just looking to do a quick upgrade to a GS tune on my CXL. I think they are the same cams and internals just tune
    is around 30-40 HP more. Don't want to learn the whole LHU platform. Still trying to learn the LS. I am a "Tuner in Training". I guess I shouldn't ask dumb questions.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks to cobaltss for the links. Great info.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    where did you get your gs tune from? can you post it?
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Email support.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"