Thread: LU60s on a coyote?

LU60s on a coyote?

Have a twin turbo on3 car here. It was tuned by another shop with HP, but broke the motor. Two pistons 5 and 7 from what i understand on final pulls. The car is running 6psi and just had the motor rebuilt with forged rods and pistons. It still has these ford racing injectors in it. I pulled the tune out with HP as that what it was tuned with and looking at the injector data it looks like 3 bar info was used. Im not aware of any 4 bar data for those? Are the nozzles even right for a 5.0? The other coyotes i've done and built always use IDs or GT500 injectors with good data. I'm hesitant to tune this car with these injectors. Not about to scale injector info. Any suggestions?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Stangguy View Post
    Have a twin turbo on3 car here. It was tuned by another shop with HP, but broke the motor. Two pistons 5 and 7 from what i understand on final pulls. The car is running 6psi and just had the motor rebuilt with forged rods and pistons. It still has these ford racing injectors in it. I pulled the tune out with HP as that what it was tuned with and looking at the injector data it looks like 3 bar info was used. Im not aware of any 4 bar data for those? Are the nozzles even right for a 5.0? The other coyotes i've done and built always use IDs or GT500 injectors with good data. I'm hesitant to tune this car with these injectors. Not about to scale injector info. Any suggestions?
    Sounds like you found the problem. Time for some ID1000's or if low boost on 93, the LU47's will be fine.